What's new

iMessages on iPhone

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I had to change my password for the app store today. Had no problem changing it, but after I changed it, I received a message on my Mac that said

Do you want to add =1 [my phone number] to i Message?
This phone number was associated with the Apple ID [my Apple ID] on HunnieBunnie's iPhone.

I do not know whether to say yes or no. I do recall ever seeing this message before. Perhaps it is something new to do with OS 10.3.3.

Advice appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. I decided to let my number be added to iMessages. I hope I made the right decision. I imagine it can be turned off at some point if it cause problems.

Yes, you did the right thing if you would like messages addressed to that number relayed to your Mac. On your phone, there is a setting to allow messages to be shared with your other device (s), which needs to be on.

Yes, as above it means you will receive messages on your Mac when sent to your phone number. They will also still go to your phone. All my messages go to all my devices so it doesn't matter what I'm sitting with I can receive and answer all my messages [emoji106][emoji106]

carolineM and zstairlessone, thank you both. : )

Reactions: 933