What's new

Spam on iMessages on iPhone?

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
This is a new one on me. I was at home last night late whence all of a sudden a text message came in from an unknown number. Upon looking at it, I could see that the same message was sent to quite a few other phone numbers at the same time. I did not know you could do that. Anyway, the message was ostensibly from a young woman who was offering sexual favours. This is first on me, too.

Anyway, today, I blocked the number on my phone's contact list. This one is Spam130 by the way. 130 spam numbers blocked on just this one phone. It is unreal. Well, I checked text messages to see if it shows blocked there as well, but it does not appear to be. Is there some way to block the number on iMessages, too?

Thanks.

Bllcking it in the phone app should take care of iMessage. Have you got spam from a number blocked in the phone app after you blocked it?

I am not sure what exactly you mean by the phone app. If that is the same thing as going to a list of received/missed calls and then adding them as contacts in order to block them, that is what I have always done. Once I do that, they cannot get through anymore. That is what I did with this number to block this caller, but the message still appears in iMessages as from that number. Does not show it changed to Spam130. I have only had the one message, though. Does this mean the number will not be able to text me again now?

I had something similar happen to me this morning from a totally different number. In this instance, the phone call came through as a "Facetime" phone call. I never heard of that before. I blocked the number.

The phone app is where you go to place a phone call. Blocking a number does not erase the call history or previously sent iMessages from that number but it will block future calls. FaceTime Audio, which allows audio calls has been around since 2013, when it was announced at WWDC. FaceTime - Wikipedia
250F529F-2D90-4B11-9D1F-BF63A25EE871.jpeg

Last edited: