What's new

iMessage issues

andys1st

Reaction score
when someone changes from an iPhone to an android (keeping their same phone number) how do I keep my iPhone from trying to send text messages as iMessages to this person with out turning off iMessaging on my phone?

when someone changes from an iPhone to an android (keeping their same phone number) how do I keep my iPhone from trying to send text messages as iMessages to this person with out turning off iMessaging on my phone?
are you saying that the person you are texting now has an android phone? if you are then your iphone won't be able to send them an iMessage,it will go as text.

It will eventually send as a text, but how can I keep it from trying to send as an iMessage in the first place? when I start a message to this person the name always shows up "blue" with "iMessage" in the field where the message gets typed. They have unsubscribed their number and apple ID from the apple support website but it still trys, like it is in the memory of my phone as an apple device. I have deleted the contact off my iPhone and iCloud but whenever I create new contact it comes back as "blue" --- it wont go away.

It will eventually send as a text, but how can I keep it from trying to send as an iMessage in the first place? when I start a message to this person the name always shows up "blue" with "iMessage" in the field where the message gets typed. They have unsubscribed their number and apple ID from the apple support website but it still trys, like it is in the memory of my phone as an apple device. I have deleted the contact off my iPhone and iCloud but whenever I create new contact it comes back as "blue" --- it wont go away.
i'm not sure,i haven't come across that before,one of my friends changed to android and i didn't need to do anything,it just sent as text (green) right away,you could try a hard reset on your phone,hold down the home button and on/off button at the same time until the apple appears,that might clear it up.

I already tried that.... Thanks for the reply --

i think that as your messages do go as texts in the end i wouldn't worry about it too much.

I had a friend who recently switched to an Android phone (I know, right?!! :)). I, too, had everything show as blue. It was annoying but eventually, it just stopped. It took a week or two - so maybe it's just a matter of "hanging in there" with it until all systems catch up? I still think it was my friend's carrier just needed to update it's system, that was why it took so long...

Marilyn

BTW - Hello & welcome OP :)