What's new

iMessage issues

antainso

Reaction score
Myself and my partner run off the same Apple ID and she has been receiving messages that both of us receive from other people. Our iMessage is set up that it is the same email address which is the Apple ID but our mobile numbers are different.

Is it easier that she creates a new Apple ID just for iMessage and sign in to the other for apps and music?

No reason to use the same Apple ID for anything. The iMessage issue is the most annoying when using the same ID. However, constantly having to fish through apps

So its just easier to create another Apple ID to fix it? But as I said we use the other ID for music and apps thats all.

antainso said:
So its just easier to create another Apple ID to fix it? But as I said we use the other ID for music and apps thats all.

The good thing about Apple ID's and iTunes... you can authorize up to 5 (possibly 6) iTunes accounts together to share apps an such. So, the app this isn't an issue. Yes, create another ID, one of you keep the current & the other move to the new one.