What's new

I'm new here with a question

iphone123

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I'm new to this amazing forum, but not new to the iPhones.

My first iPhone was the 3G, then upgraded to the 3GS and I just got my iPhone 4 (white) yesterday, which I got from an Apple store in London, UK. Unfortunately currently I'm living abroad and I only sat-up my iPhone 4 today. I was shocked that my phone is NOT RINGING.. :-(

everything in the sitting is ok. I double checked the silent switch, its on ringing position and i even turned the vibrator on when ringing.. if anyone called, it will show on the screen that someone is calling with all the caller details but NO ringing tone and NO vibration!!!

i tried to restore the phone, extracted the software 4.3.3 and install it back, but still not ringing...

in summery; PLEASE HELP.... i cant even take it back to the store as i have left the country already... :-(

appreciate any help in advance

uk store sell them factory unlocked... good call buying it from there...

well maybe the ringing volume is set to 0?? or you have no ringtone set in the sound settings? make sure you select a ringtone a really loud one or add your own, my guess is that you have it set to none for ringtone

uk store sell them factory unlocked... good call buying it from there...

well maybe the ringing volume is set to 0?? or you have no ringtone set in the sound settings? make sure you select a ringtone a really loud one or add your own, my guess is that you have it set to none for ringtone

thank you for the reply Unleashed,

I did check the sound, the ring tone, i even tried a customized ring tone, nothing worked.. even the vibrating is not working..

And yes, they are factory unlocked from the UK, thats why I waited until i had the chance to buy them from there ;-) unfortunately they dont ring lol

so the mute switch ? is it showing red?, the answer is going to be so simple you will laugh and think why did i ever restore

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I have some few questions to ask about your issue.
1-Do you have sounds when you play songs?
2-Do you have a notification sound when you receive sms?
3-does the phone vibrate when you switch the side silence switcher on?
4-do u have any 3rd party app install in the phone to toggle the side silence switcher into screen lock unlock switcher?
5-Is your sound settings look like this screenshot?
7b7968ee-c2d2-dce7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok.. i did figure out the problem, but i couldn't figure out the solution for it... the mute switch is in the right position and not showing red. but if i pressed it upward hard it will show that its in ringing position and makes all the tunes. when i let go of the mute switch (though it is still in the ringing position) it shows the sign of MUTE and stops ringing...

so, WHAT SHOULD I DO?!!! its driving me crazy..

ok.. i did figure out the problem, but i couldn't figure out the solution for it... the mute switch is in the right position and not showing red. but if i pressed it upward hard it will show that its in ringing position and makes all the tunes. when i let go of the mute switch (though it is still in the ringing position) it shows the sign of MUTE and stops ringing...

Head to apple store. You have a hardware defective device.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I have some few questions to ask about your issue.
1-Do you have sounds when you play songs?
2-Do you have a notification sound when you receive sms?
3-does the phone vibrate when you switch the side silence switcher on?
4-do u have any 3rd party app install in the phone to toggle the side silence switcher into screen lock unlock switcher?
5-Is your sound settings look like this screenshot?
7b7968ee-c2d2-dce7.jpg

Dear bab2010,

amazing effort you've put in this message to help me, which i highly appreciate.. to answer your questions;
1. yes i can play songs.
2. no sms notification sound.
3. i know its weird, but sometimes it vibrates and sometimes not.
4. no
5. sound settings exactly the same.

refer to the previous post, i believe i figured out the problem, but i cant fix it out..

I left UK, now i'm in the middle east and they dont have an official apple store here... :-(

I left UK, now i'm in the middle east and they dont have an official apple store here... :-(

Well i see your pain. You can try to find something to permanentely keep that switch pushed up for the moment, until you find an apple store.