What's new

iPhone 4S Odd Behavior

Wokiebear

Reaction score
A brief history: I have a Ab. jailbroke 4S on 5.01. Odd behavior starting to happen. I have BT capability in my vehicle. iPhone hooks up correctly anytime in the vehicle. So I travel a lot. I got to a town close by to work. I also have a BT capable home phone that my iPhone 4S and DH's iPhone 4 hook up via BT (VTech) upon walking in the door. VTech and iPhone 4S gives me the indication it's communicating. Usually when someone calls me on my iPhone 4S, the phone picks up the ring. I can answer. Recently upon walking in the door, I see the indication the iPhone 4S is communicating. But when someone calls me, the VTech never rings, and the iPhone 4S only vigrates...so sometimes if I'm in the other room I miss calls. I have tested, and even if I ring my iPhone 4S with my DH's iPhone 4, still only vibrates. The settings shows that it is set for ring. The ONLY way to get the audible ring and off vibrate is a hard reset. My DH's iPhone 4 is not JB and does not have these problems. I have not added anything in some time via Cydia, so no new JB apps. What have I done? Any suggestions? Maybe an update from Apple caused this aberant behavior?

Duh...figured it out. Got a new styler pen, and with it came a freebie, a short pen that you plug into the earplug spot for safekeeping. So when I leave the house, most times I'm going to work, at which time I put the phone on silent. Upon leaving I take it off, but still had the little pen in the earplug slot. Because the phone thought it was earphones, wouldn't ring except via earplugs. Took the pen out...works!