What's new

I'm new and need some advice ...

TallinOK

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are some must-have apps for the iPhone 4 that would make it easier to perform maintenance. For example, clearing temp sites, trash, etc. like Onyx for the Mac. I looked for threads and saw a lot of entertainment apps, but not much in the way of maintenance utilities. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

The iPhone is drop dead simple. There are no temp files or trash bins to empty. Just relax and enjoy!!

The only thing I can think of is tour deleted email box and how you have settings established to manage it. In your email account settings you can set deleted items to delete after something like 7 days, 14 days, or never. Depending on the amount of deleted items in this box and your settings it could begin to take up space over time but it shouldn't impact the phones performance any.

Many thanks for your replies. Sorry for the delay but did not have access to the forum the last couple of days. I'm starting to get used to the phone and it's really cool. Good to know that caches and whatnot are no big deal.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are some must-have apps for the iPhone 4 that would make it easier to perform maintenance. For example, clearing temp sites, trash, etc. like Onyx for the Mac. I looked for threads and saw a lot of entertainment apps, but not much in the way of maintenance utilities. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

on your phone you can go to settings/Safari, and at the bottom you can clear your History, Cookies, Cache.

Hello everyone,

on your phone you can go to settings/Safari, and at the bottom you can clear your History, Cookies, Cache.
Thanks a bunch. Still spending time with it and getting my iPhone legs.

If you are not running iOS 4.0.2 (DO NOT UPDATE)
Jailbreak your phone and install from Cydia SBSettings quickest way to manage iPhone settings such as disabling or enabling Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, clearing cache etc instead of the usual process of using iPhone Setting's App.

SBSettings is a jailbreak application that brings various toggle switches directly to iPhone's home screen that are available in the Settings app.

SBSettings launching it by swipe on iPhone's status bar or tap the status bar using two fingers. Once SBSettings is launched, you'll see various toggle switches that are available in the Settings app such as Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE, Bluetooth, Brightness etc. Just tap on the switch to disable or enable the feature (Red is "Off", Green is "On").

You will love it and cry if not able to because of not be able to jailbreak if on iOS 4.0.2.

My newest conspiracy theory is apple automatically updates to iOS 4.0.2 even if you say don't because myself and 5 others said not to update and it did it automatically causing me to know longer being able to be jailbroken .

I have had an iphone for 4 years never jail breaking until last month and now almost hate my phone because of the tweaks i was able to do to to improve my phone by jailbreaking.

John T. Snelson V