What's new

I'm looking for a movie "watch list" app that can ...

GadgetGuru72

Reaction score
I've been looking for a movie "watch list" app that, rather than just giving me a list of movies I want to see, will actually tell me what on what platforms, if any, I can currently watch the movie.

This sounds so simple and obvious, but I cannot seem to find an app that does this.

For example, if I have a "watch list" of 20 movies, which ones are in the theaters, which ones are on DVD, which ones are in Redbox, which ones can stream on Netflix, Hulu and/or Amazon, etc.

I can find apps that offer some of that, but I can't seem to find one that does it all in a nice interface.

There are apps like JustWatch, that will tell me which streaming services offer movies on my watchlist, but JustWatch does not include unreleased movies. So, movies like Deadpool are not currently in their database. So, I would need to use two different apps, one for "unreleased" movies and one for "released" movies.

Then you have the more obvious choices like IMDB, which offers a watchlist, and contains both released and unreleased movies. They also will tell you which movies are available at Amazon (its parent company), but not other streaming services.

I'm pretty surprised this doesn't already exist, so I must be missing something. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.