What's new

iLEX RAT: How To?

Reaction score
I have been trying several Cydia applications in an effort to fine tune my jailbroken iPhone 4S 64GB ios 6.0.1. with evasi0n, and now have a sluggish phone. I am aware that overloading with too many tweaks is known to slow it down. I have tried many tweaks, those that did not work were deleted. I have noticed that some tweaks seem to add additional features that one does not necessarily want.

So I am looking to use iLEX RAT to clear up this issue.

1. If iLEX RAT removes all Cydia tweaks, is there any way to get ones I purchased back again without repurchasing?

2. If I run iLEX RAT, can I reinstall all my normal data like contacts, messages, photos, etc. via an iTunes back up?

I have been trying several Cydia applications in an effort to fine tune my jailbroken iPhone 4S 64GB ios 6.0.1. with evasi0n, and now have a sluggish phone. I am aware that overloading with too many tweaks is known to slow it down. I have tried many tweaks, those that did not work were deleted. I have noticed that some tweaks seem to add additional features that one does not necessarily want.

So I am looking to use iLEX RAT to clear up this issue.

1. If iLEX RAT removes all Cydia tweaks, is there any way to get ones I purchased back again without repurchasing?

2. If I run iLEX RAT, can I reinstall all my normal data like contacts, messages, photos, etc. via an iTunes back up?

Short answer: Yes and yes.

Lengthier answer:

1) All paid tweaks are logged with your unique Cydia ID, so all you have to do is log back into your Cydia account, and a list of all purchased tweaks will be listed out and available for you to download again, so you won't have to buy them again. All Cydia purchases are one-time.

2) Jailbreaking does not hinder your stock abilities such as backing up and restoring data via iTunes and the everything else that you can do on a stock device.

ok my phone is running poorly, too many things keep crashing, time to start fresh. i want to remove all tweaks without losing any contacts or messages etc, what steps must i follow?

If it's just messages, contacts, etc, just backup using iTunes, then restore fresh to 7.1.2 via DFU restore, then re-jailbreak. That's a fresher start than using ILEX RAT or SemiRestore.

I don't want to bump up to iOS 7.1.2. just yet, can I remove all tweaks without losing iOS 6.0.1./evasi0n jailbreak? When I first jailbroke, my phone was a lot snappier, with the exception of Facebook and Instagram as I (stupidly) updated them instead of leaving them alone (optimized for 6.0.1.). Besides those apps, my phone was really smooth, but with Cydia apps sometimes you just don't know what works and what doesn't unless you install, trial and error really...

You can use ILEX RAT or SemiRestore to do so, though I find SemiRestore does a slightly better job.