What's new

iFile Registration

KASA

Reaction score
I bought iFile when I was on iOS 5.0.1 and I registered it with no problems. When I updated to ops 5.1.1 and downloaded it I open and I can't register it, any ideas?

I am reading various tweets from the developer that some people are having registration issues. The last tweet I read said he had found the problem, now he has to fix it. he's blocked new purchases for the nonce (although reinstall from Cydia still works - if you've already bought it ... you just may have the registration issues).

So, all I got right now is - hang in there, it's being worked on.

Marilyn

Ok, thanks for the response

This was happening to me as well...but it's not anymore.

Now iFile is saying "Registered Successfully".

So I don't have that problem anymore.

For future reference...when iFile tells you it can't register....there is never really anything you can do about it. Maybe reinstalling might help.

But all you can really do us wait...it will register eventually.

You can alway tell if you are registered by opening iFiles settings and toggles all the toggles on(you most likely want these toggles on anyway). Some toggles cannot be toggles on unless you are registered. If you can toggles all of them on, then you are registered.

I got an email from cydia explaining the issue and telling me to revert back to a previous version I'll post it here in a second

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

Hello. In the last day or so, you purchased (or sent an e-mail regarding) a product from Cydia, the "alternative to apps" on jailbroken iPhones. This product was (surprisingly, as we have so few of them ;P) an app(!) called iFile. While your purchase itself went through, the iFile program itself may not have recognized your registration. While the Cydia Store allows vendors to implement DRM on their products, we obviously demand that the DRM actually works ;P. Unfortunately, with iFile 1.7.0-1, the latest version of iFile released yesterday, the DRM that it implements seems to have stopped working :(. We are very sorry that this happened: it is certainly not what I (Jay Freeman, aka saurik) would personally expect after having paid for a product. This was reported to us by a number of users, and we removed the product from sale until the developer could demonstrate the DRM mechanism was fixed. Carsten, the developer, is looking into this problem and is making changes to his product to ensure the future success of its registration mechanism. In the mean time, we have had BigBoss roll the package back to version 1.6.1-3, which as far as we know did not exhibit this issue. We thereby will ask that if you still experience trouble, that you use Cydia to install 1.6.1-3 (which may require you first uninstall iFile and then reinstall it). If you continue to experience trouble, please let us know, and additionally contact the developer using [email protected] to report your problem and hopefully get a speedy resolution. Again, we are very sorry this happened, and are monitoring this product to make certain that the situation is resolved. -J

Now The app crashes is I go to the "about" tab in settings but everything else works

I was just going to make a post simply staying that iFile has been reverted to a previous version.

I removed iFile, installed the previous version...and bam...I can now read all my Syslog without changing the extension.

I never had the registration issue with it tho.

Thanks for this thread, glad to hear it's not just me having the registration issue.

The new version ha been re-released and registration works now

MwSlim said:
The new version ha been re-released and registration works now

Thank you for that heads up :)

Yessir 👍