What's new

I WANT TO DELETE MY TEXT MESSAGES FOR GOOD WITH NO WAY OF RETREIVING EVEN WITH BACK UP SOFTWARE

DogFather12

Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE,

NEW MEMBER. I HAVE DELETED ALOT OF PERSONAL TEXT MESSAGES BUT I HEAR THEY STILL CAN BE IN SPACE SOMEWHERE.

IS THERE A WAY TO PERMANETLY DELETE ALL HISTORY OF TEXT MESSAGES GOING BACK FROM DAY 1 OF THIS PHONE?

THANK YOU FOLKS

Hello, Dog Father! You don't need to yell! Go to Settings >Messages > message history> keep messages> set as desired to Forever, 1 year, or 30 days.
You can delete those in your Messages app by long pressing the speech bubble and tap on "more". Then tap "delete all" in the upper left corner.
Or delete the entire thread. Was there other concerns?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, DogFather12!

When you sync your iPhone to iTunes, the messages you deleted before won't show up in Spotlight Search.

If you want to get rid of them completely, erase your iPhone (Settings - General - Reset - Erase all content and settings), and set it up as new. Don't use a backup to set it up again.

On my phone, Spotlight Search will show the first 6 words of a message. When I tap on it, it goes to that thread in messages. It does not go to that specific old message that's been deleted. If the thread has been deleted, it goes to the messages thread list. So all anyone might see are those first 6 words. And that's only if messages is checked in Settings >Spotlight Search. So, do as stated above to delete those 6 words per message.