What's new

I think I may have downloaded a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The app I had downloaded was a free app so I was thinking maybe they wanted me to download it to get all my information from whatever I typed through a keylogger. I did exactly what you said, I kept reading different reviews and went through 2 or 3 more pages. I figured it was fine so I downloaded. I had previewed some of the ringtones they had and they seemed to work just fine. I didn't download any of them to my phone because paranoia started to set in, haha. But, like I said, I haven't noticed anything odd and this has been a few months ago so I think I'm fine.

marsspeaks said:
The app I had downloaded was a free app so I was thinking maybe they wanted me to download it to get all my information from whatever I typed through a keylogger. I did exactly what you said, I kept reading different reviews and went through 2 or 3 more pages. I figured it was fine so I downloaded. I had previewed some of the ringtones they had and they seemed to work just fine. I didn't download any of them to my phone because paranoia started to set in, haha. But, like I said, I haven't noticed anything odd and this has been a few months ago so I think I'm fine.

Like i said.....I don't think any app store apps are out to take information from your phone...they just want you to buy there app.

This thread sounds as ridiculous as those conspiracy theory websites. Apple thoroughly vets their app developers and doesn't let spyware into the store. Period. End of story.

Now there are some really poor apps in the Apple Store that don't deliver on some of the promises. But when you download from the Apple Store - you are safe. Way safer than "certain repositories" in Cydia.

This thread sounds as ridiculous as those conspiracy theory websites. Apple thoroughly vets their app developers and doesn't let spyware into the store. Period. End of story.

Now there are some really poor apps in the Apple Store that don't deliver on some of the promises. But when you download from the Apple Store - you are safe. Way safer than "certain repositories" in Cydia.
totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.