What's new

I need to jailbreak brand new iphone 4

I_FlutterShy_5

Reaction score
Hi, I thought I read this before but I can't find it. I have a brand new iPhone 4. I has only been turned on and partially set up. It is a Verizon phone, but I want to jailbreak it, so that I can give it to a friend to use. They do not wish to use Verizon. Is there a way to jailbreak the phone so that they can use it with another company for making phone calls etc. the phone is paid for, they just can't afford Verizon and it would be such a waste if they can't use the phone. Thank you!

Nope. You can flash a CDMA iPhone 4 to Cricket or use it with PagePlus, but that's it. You can't selectively use it with say AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint.

Ok this is where I will sound dumb, do I flash the phone first, or jailbreak it? It has the 6.0.1 it has never been used just the bare set up. And who do you recommend i use for the jailbreak?

Oh also it has never been plugged into iTunes, nor has iCloud been used. There is no music, videos, or photos. Thank you

It depends. Cricket requires a jailbreak. PagePlus does not.

Ok since he will go to Cricket, will you please show me a link to go to jailbreak this iPhone? It's iPhone 4 firmware 6.0.1 thank you, & ill try to leave you alone now.....ヅ

Omg!! Thank you buddy!! Once again you have shown your genius side! A million thanks!
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)