What's new

I knew this before I bought the iPhone but...

Injector

Reaction score
The sealed battery is a disgrace. There is NO benefit to the consumer whatsoever, it is purely a built-in obsolescence. Apple want everyone to keep their iPhone a maximum of 24 months before upgrading to the latest version. If I want to pass my old iphone 4 down to my family, I will probably need to replace the battery beforehand. To have to ship the thing off for this is ridiculous. I baby my phones, treat them like gold and have front & rear screen protectors and a leather case. When it comes to battery replacement time, my handset will still hopefully be in mint condition. I then have to ship it to some service centre for a bloke with a pile of iphones in front of him to do a battery change. Is this fellow going to treat my iphone like gold? No, to him it's just the hundredth battery change that day. My phone will no doubt be shipped back to me, at great expense, scratched-up.

Apple could still rape us for batteries, they could charge what they like....just make the damn things replaceable by the consumer!!

Its possible to change the battery yourself. You need some specific tools, a steady hand and some patience to make the change..

But I agree! Apple want to squeeze the most out of their customers. The closed battery, the bluetooth and the locked ios... This is why I'll never buy anything else than the iPhone from Apple.