What's new

I have an iPhone 4.1 and need help !!

Fufu

Reaction score
A friend bought me an iPhone 4.1, locked to AT&T, but jailbroken. I mistakenly "ejected" it from iTunes, and now am afraid to press an option, in case it's the wrong one!
Options are: 1. Set up as a new iPhone, or 2. Restore from the backup of: Fufu's iPhone

Can someone help me please

There's no wrong option.

Set up as new phone will set your phone back to factory settings. You will loose all your app data and setting preferences.

Restore from a back up will put your phone back the the same as it was when that backup was made. Excluding your apps. You will still have your app data when you sync your apps back via iTunes.

Neither will affect your jailbreak. You do know jailbreak is not an unlock...?

A friend bought me an iPhone 4.1, locked to AT&T, but jailbroken. I mistakenly "ejected" it from iTunes, and now am afraid to press an option, in case it's the wrong one!
Options are: 1. Set up as a new iPhone, or 2. Restore from the backup of: Fufu's iPhone

Can someone help me please

Yes any one of the options you will select is not going to affect your jailbreak.

Hi there, thanks very much for your reply - with explanation too.. appreciate it very much.
Yes, know the difference between jailbreak and unlock - I have the 1st, not the 2nd :-(

Your welcome,

If you use an at&t sim for a certian period of time they may unlock it for you for a small fee. That's the case here in the uk anyway...

Back