What's new

I need help pls. Restore backup from ios 6.0.1 into 4.1

marcolisi

Reaction score
Hi guys. I own a iphone 3gs with the new bootrom. Apart that the phone is making me nuts because I could not downgrade from

iPhone2,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore

to

iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore

Anyway, in the end I made it....

The probem now is to import the 6.0.1 backup into the 4.1 .....
I get the error from itunes about how the ios is old and it is not possible to restore the backup data on this old ios...itunes would like to force me to update my ios, which of course I do not want to do.

Could u pls tell me if there is a solution to restore the backup ?

I do not want to go back to 6.0.1 , because I want my phone jailbroken and I do not want to be forced to connnect my phone to the pc anytime I turned it off.......

Any help pls ?

Thank you

You need to extract it manually. Use iFunBox, and manually back up everything, then drag and drop everything to your iPhone again. Chances are though, 9 out of 10 things you have on your iPhone won't work on iOS 4.1.

You need to extract it manually. Use iFunBox, and manually back up everything, then drag and drop everything to your iPhone again. Chances are though, 9 out of 10 things you have on your iPhone won't work on iOS 4.1.

Hi, thank you so much for the reply.
The only things that I would like to back up are:

1) the notes

2) all the app that I bought and downloaded and installed from appl store

3) contacts (phone # and info)

I was forced to downgrade to 4.1 because I did not want to have a threaten 6.0.1....
I could not go 5.1 because I do not have the shsh for it :-(

Is there any tutorial that shows how to backup 1) 2) and 3)

Thank you

Apps from the AppStore does not need backing up. You can download them back. You can back up save files possibly if the app supports iOS 4 still.

Download iExplorer, then after you connect your iPhone on the center and lower right side, you can choose which directory you want to go to, like notes and such. Click on it, then select all, copy and paste them into a folder on your pc to keep it organized. Downgrade, then drag and drop them onto your iPhone using iExplorer again or iTunes. Contacts the same way. Instead of clicking Notes, click Contacts/Phonebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 