What's new

I finally have a new Iphone 5

TaxAcct

Reaction score
The journey was a painful journey. It started when my brand new verizon Iphone 5 was stolen. Insurance wouldn't cover it and I was left without a phone. Verizon was clearly in the wrong and they did nothing to help other than offer to add another line and make me pay $200 for a new Iphone. I ended leaving verizon with a $1000 billed attached to my credit record. I had 4 lines that recieved an early cancellation penalty. In fact, the bill maybe higher than that as I just recieved another bill from them asking for $576 without the early termination fees.

Anyways, I vowed never to return to a contract phone and went with prepaid phones. I bounced from android to IOS before I realized that I wasn't happy. I had an iphone 4s with 3g speeds and sometimes less than that when I traveled out into area's with mininal coverage. My prepaid iphone was at it's best when connected to a wifi. So, I returned to a contract iphone with AT&T. This time I made sure that the rep placed the proper protection on the phone. I now have an Iphone 5 again and I'm finally completely happy.

Quite a journey! If I may ask, why did you switch from Verizon to ATT and do you prefer it over Verizon?

Bazinga!

Did you have Verizon's insurance coverage or not have it? I only ask because right now my wife and I have it simply because it covers theft, otherwise I'd rather do Applecare Plus.

before you claim that verizon is clearly wrong

did you have insurance through the company? and if you do, did you file a police report?

they cant just take your word for it. if thats the case you can be claiming one every month and selling it for profit.

I switched because of the balance due when I terminated my contract with Verizon.

Yes, it was Verizon's sales rep fault for the insurance issue because he simply never added the insurance when I purchased the phone. Verizon did try to explain this to the insurance company but they refused to honor the store manager's request. The insurance company later said that they would not honor the policy because I had the phone for only 2 weeks. The policy called that I must have had the phone for 30 days.

The lesson here is to make sure you have coverage before you leave the store, just don't take the word of the sales rep.

if they forgot to add it then yea its thier fault. but how long did you have the phone for before it was stolen? you didnt realize on the bill that you werent charged for insurance?

well besides the point, either way glad u have a iphone 5 now. keep it with you at all times!

Well you all aren't going to believe this but it happened. I went back to the Samsung Galaxy S4 because I wasn't happy with the way IOS 7 looked. To say the least, I wasn't happy with the GS4 and now I'm back again with a white iPhone 5. I swear this is the last time and I won't be going back to an andriod device.

Well you all aren't going to believe this but it happened. I went back to the Samsung Galaxy S4 because I wasn't happy with the way IOS 7 looked. To say the least, I wasn't happy with the GS4 and now I'm back again with a white iPhone 5. I swear this is the last time and I won't be going back to an andriod device.

This is why we need blackberry and msft to step it's game up :-(.

GS4/iPhone5

My phone 5 is getting better and better (even with a cracked screen) 😓