What's new

New iPhone 5 Arrived.

IndyBob

Reaction score
On the 18th of this month I was up for my Verizon upgrade. I went to my local Verizon store and they had none in stock. I ordered a 32GB black. The clerk said to expect delivery in about 2 weeks.

On Friday evening the 19th I get an email from Version saying the phone had shipped and to expect delivery on Tuesday the 23rd.

Well it showed up this afternoon by FedEx, a day early.

I am pretty happy with the service from Verizon and Apple.

I got it activated and restored from iCloud and all is good!

On the 18th of this month I was up for my Verizon upgrade. I went to my local Verizon store and they had none in stock. I ordered a 32GB black. The clerk said to expect delivery in about 2 weeks.

On Friday evening the 19th I get an email from Version saying the phone had shipped and to expect delivery on Tuesday the 23rd.

Congratulations. I'm a bit curious about the early delivery. Were you going by what Verizon told you or did you track using FedEX tracking.

The reason I ask is I personally want to make sure I'm there for delivery, and I'd be happy to to get an early delivery but what if I took off to do something since I expected next day.

I don't remember what it was but I did have an experience like that. I was shocked to see either UPS or FedEX at the door, according to tracking my delivery day was 2 days later.

Enjoy your new iPhone.

I got a early delivery too. The tracking # originally said wed and now it will be delivered tomorrow between 10-2. I hope this really happens!

Damn you!!! I did the EXACT same thing and mine didn't arrive tonight! It will probably attempt to be delivered tomorrow while I am at work and then I will have to drive 20 minutes to the FedEx location to pick it up! It's all your fault :p

I'm 30 miles south of Chicago. You're closer which probably explains the day difference between us.

Enjoy!

Glad your iPhone arrived quicker than expected. I have been waiting for 2 weeks for mines thru AT&T, they said it may take up to a month. Anyone else on AT&T wait list?

Glad your iPhone arrived quicker than expected. I have been waiting for 2 weeks for mines thru AT&T, they said it may take up to a month. Anyone else on AT&T wait list?

Yep, saw a post by another person about 4 phones coming out of AT&T. Two had arrive, two they had no idea.

IMHO AT&T is simply not someone I would do business with. The reports of dropped calls and bad coverage are legendary. I can't say why they seem to be having more difficulty getting the phones out but just because they are who they are it doesn't surprise me.

Dang that sux. Im new to iphone as im coming over from blackberry.

I was able to get an upgrade on the 2nd of this month with att. So i went to naturally look for an iphone5 at a store. I had no idea how crazy ppl go for these phones And found out quick that it was dam near impossible to get one that i wanted. So i called att and ordered a white 64 and they said it was gonna take 21 days or more.

Phone ended coming in 6 days or something like that. Let me say. Im pretty happy with the apple platform even tho its kinda childish lol

Tap tap

Congratulations. I'm a bit curious about the early delivery. Were you going by what Verizon told you or did you track using FedEX tracking.

The reason I ask is I personally want to make sure I'm there for delivery, and I'd be happy to to get an early delivery but what if I took off to do something since I expected next day.

I don't remember what it was but I did have an experience like that. I was shocked to see either UPS or FedEX at the door, according to tracking my delivery day was 2 days later.

Enjoy your new iPhone.

I checked the FedEx tracking number early Monday morning and it still had an Tuesday delivery date but it came Monday afternoon. I didn't check FedEx anymore so it may have changed.

Im pretty happy with the apple platform even tho its kinda childish lol

Tap tap

I'm sorry, and I know it's off topic but I gotta tell you. Lose the Blackberry snobbery thing.

I had a Blackberry Storm and I saw that attitude all over Crackberry, in fact, I had it myself. The truth is Blackberry is 20th Century technology. Welcome to the 21st Century.

There is not a Blackberry out there that can touch the iPhone or any Android phone for that matter. Childish? Because it's simple and not complicated? You can get a little of that from Android but iPhone is for people who want to keep it simple.

And you won't have to restart your phone on a daily basis. I'm sure you're going to love it. And when you get your hands on the technology I don't think you will see it as childish anymore.

Not to high jack but my phone delivered 11:40 am just as promised. It is sweet!

Not to high jack but my phone delivered 11:40 am just as promised. It is sweet!

I swear to God mine came at almost the same time yesterday. I came home for lunching and ding ding ding the doorbell goes after I take a bite of mt sandwich! So glad I didn't have to drive 20 minutes to the FedEx depot to get it. First thing I did after work was get a case for it.

Enjoy!