What's new

I cannot sync my iPhone 6 with iTunes for Windows

warmbell

Reaction score
I cannot sync my iPhone 6 with iTunes for Windows. Each time I try I get the
error 'The iPhone could not be synced because the connection to the iPhone was
lost'. Also I cannot backup the iPhone as the Backup and Restore options are
greyed out.

My ringtones were lost and I was unable to restore them with suggestions givenof draging and dropping or copy and paste from iTunes media ringtones folder, but I managed to restore them from a third party program.

I have the app FileExplorer so if anyone knows where the ringtones are stored I can add a new one as allelse fails.

Thanks,
Gerald

Hello Gerald. This is news to me. I had no idea iTunes (Apple) was compatible with Windows (Microsoft), so I am not sure what to tell you. Hang on, though, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here, and I am sure one of them will know the answer. :)

Hi scifan57,
The answer to both questions is yes. I have tried with three different computers and two different phones a 6 and a 5s with the same results. It seems to have happened only since they changed to Apple music.

Try deleting iTunes from your computer and reinstalling it. Then try to sync again. Maybe there’s something wrong with iTunes on your computer. This will not delete any iTunes media you have on your computer.

I have tried on three different computers of mu own all have same problem.

Thanks,
I think it seems to be working as it is backing up my phone now which it would not do before. I've never had to switch of the anti-virus program before

It does sometimes cause problems when connecting to Apple sites. It doesn’t affect all users.

Reactions: 933
Those anti-virus programmes are a royal pain in the neck. This is another reason why I do not miss Windows based computers.

Thanks,
it is working okay. I've even managed to add a new custom ringtone. I've always had the same anti-virus program with now problems until now. easy enough to disable it temporarily.

Thanks for letting us know. BTW, was there recently an update for your anti-virus program?