What's new

Help: problems with syncing iphone

jeremy_0806

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0 and itunes 9.2 and I keep getting different error messages, namely "iPhone cannot be synced. A folder was specified instead of a file.", "iPhone cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found." and "iPhone cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified.". I've been getting these messages since upgrading to 3.1.3 but have had no major problems syncing apps or other stuff. After I upgraded to 4.0 I've been getting these error messages all the time.

I've tried all sorts of stuff including resetting everything from my iPhone, restoring to factory settings through iTunes multiple times. Right now the only error message I get when I try to sync is "folder was specified instead of a file" (for the time being) but all my apps don't open on my iPhone. I've tried the deauthorise/authorise again thing in iTunes but no luck. I also can't find the iToner file on my computer. I'm running windows 7.

I was previously jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 with blackra1n but have since restored to factory settings through itunes.

Help?