What's new

Hyphen in Numeric Message Address

klr0609

Reaction score
I have a 4s and have never been able to send a message to a numeric address. The problem is that it always places a hyphen after the first three digits as if I were going to put in a phone number-- I'm not. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the hyphen? I get an error message when I send it with the hyphen. Thanks. Ken

I have a 4s and have never been able to send a message to a numeric address. The problem is that it always places a hyphen after the first three digits as if I were going to put in a phone number-- I'm not. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the hyphen? I get an error message when I send it with the hyphen. Thanks. Ken

If its an address that you will use often, can you put it in your Contacts (without the hyphen)? Then, in the message, you just call up the individual/company name, which won't have the hyphen.

Marilyn

I wonder if there is something going on with your phone. No matter how I try to send a message, it won't put a hyphen in at all. Even if I send a phone number by IM, it doesn't hyphenate it....