What's new

HUGE battery drain with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1

xfuz1on

Reaction score
After I installed Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to fix my signal bar issue (as well as unlock), my iPhone 4 is facing some huge battery drain. Prior to installing Ultrasn0w, I would lose only about 1-2% per 8 hour. Now I am dropping at about 10% per 8 hour. What is up with this? My phone IS on AT&T. Is there any other way to FIX the signal bar issue without having to have ultrasn0w running?

what apps do you have installed from cydia? if any... 4.3.1 increases battery life. so there must be some type of bug in ultrasn0w either that or your using a cydia app that causes the huge decrease in battery life

Like I said, it was fine before installing ultrasn0w, but right after installing it, my battery life went from dropping at about 1-2% per 8 HOURS to 1% an hour on standby.

I haven't noticed nor cared to notice this. Now that you tell me this, I've noted my battery life, 89 @ 10:25.. Going to check it throughout the day and report hourly.

Now, prior to ultrasnow 1.2.1 I had ultrasnow 1.2 with ultrasnow fixer for 4.3.1 (bars showed 1). I worked with phone installing all kinds of crap onto it. That vs with new ultrasnow I haven't noticed any difference, but like I said, I was working with the phone and did not have it on standby.

86% @ 11:25

Wondering if it has to do with WiFi, 3G, GPRS, and Location being on. Gonna wait another hour and report, after I will turn off WiFi, 3G, GPRS, and Location, and let it sit for an hour. Then for second hour I'm gonna turn off backgrounder and all background processes except phone.

Last edited:
Like I said, it was fine before installing ultrasn0w, but right after installing it, my battery life went from dropping at about 1-2% per 8 HOURS to 1% an hour on standby.

A 2% drain per 8 hours gives you, by my calculations, almost 17 DAYS of standby. That would be a miracle.

1% an hour gives 100 hours which is over 4 days standby. I would consider that to be fairly normal for a jailbroken unlocked iPhone4. Certainly not an insane level of battery drain.

Apples official specification for the iPhone4 is 300 hours standby, so you are probably actually getting good battery life.

Just sayin', it looks fine to me...

Well compared to before installing ultrasn0w, I was losing about a percent an hour and now it is well over that. It isn't like I don't use my phone at all, but losing at 1% an hour on standby WITHOUT even touching the phone is pretty bad. I surf the web and text all day so that just further depletes my battery life. Seems like gray_mouse' battery is far more capable of retaining it's battery charge. I am just saying that I noticed a considerable amount of battery being used up after installing ultrasn0w. Was wondering if there is anyway to fix the signal bar issue for those on iOS 4.3.1 with bb 01.59.00 without having to install/run ultrasn0w.

After I installed Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to fix my signal bar issue (as well as unlock), my iPhone 4 is facing some huge battery drain. Prior to installing Ultrasn0w, I would lose only about 1-2% per 8 hour. Now I am dropping at about 10% per 8 hour. What is up with this? My phone IS on AT&T. Is there any other way to FIX the signal bar issue without having to have ultrasn0w running?

I've noticed the same problem. Lost 20% in 5 hours of standby on my 3Gs, minimal use. The dev-team annoy the crap out of me sometimes.