What's new

How to use Iphone4 without data?

marksusie6

Reaction score
I need help using my iphone4 without a data plan. It is not activated yet and I don't have a micro sim (don't even know if it is on 4.0.1 or 4)
PS: I DO have a family talk plan right now!
PSS: I am asking about changing the identifiable number (APN??) that tells the network which phone I am using (not phone number) but something like the 'CHANGE THE APN settings to blanks' or some other number that isn't a smart phone so ATT will not know I have an iphone.
please help me keep my iphone 4! Thanks

Just stick in any att sim card to activate it with itunes. Im not sure you can change the apn settings without it being jailbroken. Jailbreaking it allows you to change that. Also, att wont ever be able to tell youre using an iphone unless you do something stupid like go to the store and tell them like someone else i read about on this forum.

I beg to differ... I have a family talk (no one has data) and they know exactly which phones we all are using. Believe me when I say we did NOT tell them I had an iphone3. We do have data turned off on all phones. When calling ATT this week they say all smart phones must have data plan- no way to have an iphone 4 without data (don't want it -will not pay for it) They can't explain how my iphone3 is not getting charged for being a smart phone.
I have been told the code/apn or whatever tells the network which phone you are using. So I want to hack/reprogram the phone to change the code so att thinks I am not needing data plans for my iphone 3 and iphone4. Bought it from coworker no att so no contract. But if there is no way around a data plan i will have to sell the iphone4 and hope my iphone3 is not charged.

There is a 1 year old youtube that tells about this apn change with unlockit.co.nz but I am scared to mess up my iphone3 deal (no data) Sounds like the youtube guy gave up and now pays for his data cause ATT kept detecting his iphone. Sigh!
here is the youtube.com search for this:

Get a $10 Unltd. Data Plan For Your iPhone 2G/3G/3GS

So any of you smart people know how to get me a no data iphone with ATT??? Any help please???