What's new

Installing data settings from VPN to APN, Possible??

MBevans

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the game and have purchased a used "unlocked" AT&T Iphone 3GS.

I've double checked with AT&T the phone is unlocked. The phone makes calls, the phone can sync to Itunes without issue, I can get emails, but cannot send them. Technical support @ Straight Talk is kind of lame in this department. They say Apple has ways to fix this, but after hours and hours on the support section of Apple I have found nothing..................

I've purchased a Straight Talk SIM card and service. Yet Straight Talk uses APN and this phone is set up to accept VPN settings.

Question #1: Is there any way to use my Straight Talk APN settings into a VPN software that is in the iphone???
Question #2: Is there a way to change my iphone with VPN in software to change to APN settings??

Thanks ever soo much!!
Mark

for straight talk go to unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone. (use safari) then press continue, custom apn, for the carrier choose att mvno and create profile. it gives you 3g on straight talk. if you need mms let me know. tetherme isn't updated but i found another way to get mms

for straight talk go to unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone. (use safari) then press continue, custom apn, for the carrier choose att mvno and create profile. it gives you 3g on straight talk. if you need mms let me know. tetherme isn't updated but i found another way to get mms
Thanks! that worked for me. Can u please help me with the mms part?

first you will need to jailbreak, which is simple. download absinthe 2.0.4 (google it) then go to manage, sources,edit, add, then add the repo beta.leimobile.com/repo , then install EditAPN. once it is done go to settings, general,network, there should be a new tab called Cellular Data Network, click that then scroll down to MMS and change wap.cingular to att.mvno then press return. and exit settings and test to make sure it works.

ya i tryed that.. all it did was give my computer a virus. i cant download the absinthe 2.0.4

dremasue21 said:
ya i tryed that.. all it did was give my computer a virus. i cant download the absinthe 2.0.4

What have your computer a virus? I don't understand. Never heard of that before.