What's new

How to use Dropbox app

Tricon7

Reaction score
I downloaded the popular Dropbox app which lets you put large files from your computer into it, then access it from your iPhone. However, no matter how hard I try to figure it out, I don't know how to move files from my computer into Dropbox! I synced my iPhone with iTunes on my computer, but I don't see a way to move files either in iTunes or in Windows Explorer.

I had thought I could drag and drop files or copy and paste, but I don't see how anywhere. Can someone give me some idea if you have this app?

Tricon7 said:
I downloaded the popular Dropbox app which lets you put large files from your computer into it, then access it from your iPhone. However, no matter how hard I try to figure it out, I don't know how to move files from my computer into Dropbox! I synced my iPhone with iTunes on my computer, but I don't see a way to move files either in iTunes or in Windows Explorer.

I had thought I could drag and drop files or copy and paste, but I don't see how anywhere. Can someone give me some idea if you have this app?

Did you download and install the app for your computer.?

USCGmex said:
How can i block someone from calling me on my iphone

Do you have Verizon as a carrier? If so they have a block calls option from your online Verizon account.

Also it's against the forum rules to hijack someone elses thread. Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

Last edited:
Tricon7 said:

Did you download and install the app for your computer.?

Sorry - I didn't even know there was an iPhone apps section on the forum. :D

Well, I synced my iPhone with my computer via iTunes, and afterward DB shows up there on my laptop along with all my other apps. So it's on my computer now, I think(?) I'm not terribly familiar with iTunes; I know if I double-click the app in iTunes on my laptop, it won't open up like a program would on a PC. I right-click on it - nothing.

The Apps section is selected on the left side of iTunes, allowing me to see the Dropbox app on the right (along with all the other apps imported from my iPhone). But from here I don't know how to transfer, say, videos from my hard drive over to DB. I've visited many sites online telling me all the great things DB can do, but no tutorial on how exactly to do them, which is frustrating.

Tricon7 said:
Sorry - I didn't even know there was an iPhone apps section on the forum. :D

Well, I synced my iPhone with my computer via iTunes, and afterward DB shows up there on my laptop along with all my other apps. So it's on my computer now, I think(?) I'm not terribly familiar with iTunes; I know if I double-click the app in iTunes on my laptop, it won't open up like a program would on a PC. I right-click on it - nothing.

The Apps section is selected on the left side of iTunes, allowing me to see the Dropbox app on the right (along with all the other apps imported from my iPhone). But from here I don't know how to transfer, say, videos from my hard drive over to DB. I've visited many sites online telling me all the great things DB can do, but no tutorial on how exactly to do them, which is frustrating.

Go to dropbox.com and download the computer application

The Dropbox iPhone app takes both cloud storage and the iPhone storage to the next level. Not only do you have access to your online file storage in your pocket all the time, but also you are extending the storage capabilities of your iPhone. It’s a really impressive application, and well worth downloading if you’re an existing Dropbox user.

Ok, I downloaded what I needed to onto my laptop, also. I moved several videos and music files into DB. Now at work I went to open a few, and I was able to play the music files fine, but the videos would never load. The "loading" circle up top just went round and round and the screen stayed black. Whether I was on the local network or using Verizon's 3G network, I never connected to them. The videos average about 70 MB apiece, if that matters.

I'll add that I just went into the browser on my laptop and was able to access those videos fine. It only seems to be an issue on my iPhone. I wonder if these videos are flash-based? They're AVI files.

Last edited: