What's new

Moving music is driving me crazy

Tricon7

Reaction score
Having to move music files to and from my iPhone is driving me nuts! Why does it have to be such a $%^R# steep learning curve with iTunes?!

Is there a clear step-by-step walkthrough for moving files from my computer hard drive to the iPhone and vice-versa? I"ve been beating my head in trying to figure it out for the last hour (again) without success. It either won't copy and paste, it doesn't show up on the iPhone menu, it shows up in the Library but not the Playlists (or vice versa), or the playlist in iTunes just isn't there when I see it on my iPhone. Why can't I just friggin' drag and drop?

Last edited:
i moved a few tracks yesterday that i had ripped into itunes onto my iPhone,i just made sure the tracks i wanted were ticked and i connected my mbp to my phone with the cable and they synced across.

Moving songs to your phone is easy once you have them in iTunes library, just be sure to tick Manually manage music on the summary page when phone is connected if you want to drag and drop. Then sync. Vice versa is not so easy unless you have other software

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Moving songs to your phone is easy once you have them in iTunes library, just be sure to tick Manually manage music on the summary page when phone is connected if you want to drag and drop. Then sync. Vice versa is not so easy unless you have other software

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Okay, I managed to move several songs from my laptop into the iTunes library. But I don't see an option anywhere to "manually manage music." And right now I have all my iPhone songs and all the songs I just put into iTunes in one huge grouping. I should have created a "new" folder or something first. :>((

Can you dumb down your instructions a bit for me? I think you're assuming that I know more about iTunes that I actually do. Thanks.