What's new

How to Untethered Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS/4 with RedSn0w[6.0-6.1.6]

Run me through the steps that you take when attempting to boot the device.

Complete the successful Jailbreak...
Back button back to main screen
Select IPSW >>> iPhone3,3_6.0_10A403_Restore
Select "Just Boot"
turn off power to device
Click Next
Hold power
While holding power, press and hold home
Release power while holding home
Next screen pops, starts running through process then stops at end of Waiting for Reboot
Sometimes I get the missing keys button, sometimes i dont.

6th times a charm. Worked! I put it into DFU mode first this time before boot and it worked.

Yeah... I'm not sure why it's happening for some users and not others and why trial amounts make a difference. I'll look into it

As this uses the 6.0 IPSW, will the evasion6.x untether package from Cydia work with this???

You have to manually install it assuming your device is on 6.0 to 6.1.2. 6.1.3 is NOT compatible with the Evasi0n Untethered patch

Hello. I am new to this whole thing. Here is my situation:

I have followed every step in the tutorial. The problem I am running into is that when I go to "Select IPSW" in redsn0w, I select the one that I downloaded (For Iphone 3GS 6.1.3) And when I select it I receive the error message: That IPSW is not supported by this version of redsn0w. (I have redsn0w 0.9.15b3)

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Meant to add that I did indeed select 6.0, not 6.1.3. Thanks!

What is the name of the IPSW that you've downloaded. Did you run as an admin

D'you happen to have TeamViewer so I can get a front-view of what you're doing

Hi
This Jailbreak Worked Successfully For me Thanks indeed Willerz2.
First of all We must understand the process of jailbreaking. Concept is Jailbreaking iOS 6.0
Those who Encountered Error mainly Coz, They Probably Misunderstood the Redsn0w`s Commands. in the final Box we can see Jailbreak is complete but its still tethered, and also we can see that " Rest Of the Process Takes Place In YOur iDevice". Many people switch on the phone When the screen is black with White Text commands running on and also in the final stage we can see a pineapple logo Showing Moving Applications, Which May Seem like struck but stiil the jailbreak process is running.
understand the commands and jailbreak Sucessfully!!! :) :)

ok so I'm having issues with jail breaking my iPhone 4 CDMA on 6.1.3

I downloaded all the necessary stuff redsn0w and the 6.0 for CDMA ipsw. I ran it and it got to the pineapple runnin and it stating "moving apps" then it rebooted and now my safari and mail app don't work and no cydia? what am I doing wrong. I've done this literally 40 times and nothing first I had a bad ipsw and got stuck on the please wait. I downloaded the one specified here and that's where I got the issues I have now.