What's new

How to Untethered Jailbreak your iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6 device using Evasi0n7 [Windows/OSX]

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This tutorial presents to you the steps to jailbreaking iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6 on the iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA/World), the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5S, the iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 (w/ RD) and iPod Touch 5th Generation. Users looking to jailbreak the AppleTV 2 will have to wait for Seas0nPass to update for ATViOS6 aka portable iOS 7 support as Evasi0n does not support the Apple TV.

Note: This guide is only applicable to devices running iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6. iOS 7.1 patches several of the exploits used in Evasi0n7 so you cannot use it with iOS 7.1 unless @Evad3rs replaces the exploit with another known exploit, which will not likely be the case.

For users that have seen or have jailbroken using Evasi0n for iOS 6, this tool is nearly identical to the previous tool with slightly changes and of course, support for iOS 7.

Download the utility by going here, and clicking either Mac OSX, or Windows for whichever computer operating system you're using.

Note: Before starting this procedure, turn off your passcode lock, your restrictions if applicable, as well as your Touch ID for the iPhone 5S. Also, if you updated to iOS 7 via OTA (directly through Settings.app), you must backup your device and restore your device using iTunes before continuing.

Step 1:

Unarchive the file and place it onto your desktop for easy access.

k5EXnt7.png

Step 2: Run Evasi0n7.exe (Run as an administrator if applicable)

kFF8IxC.png

ypHMuvQ.png

Step 3: Plug your device into your computer making sure that iTunes is installed so that you have the device driver.

175zIir.png

Step 4: Click the "Jailbreak" button

wlnfrjf.png

Step 5: Wait

1iiJDwv.png

3GucsL7.png

m2RBSlO.png

dPcGMNa.png

dD4WPUL.png

XYhomOb.png

Step 6: Your device should be rebooting at this point on its own

wnVm99m.png

Step 7: Unlock your phone, and click on the new "Evasi0n 7" icon on the last page of your springboard.

KVcLRkM.png

Step 8: Device is rebooting once again, you should have seen a glimpse of a UI on your device, and your device goes into a reboot.

BgI9fBW.png

Step 9: If you've removed the passcode lock and TouchID as stated earlier, you should not have to manually unlock the device, and the next step should initiate within seconds automatically

wWZyWdS.png

Step 10: Last bit of waiting

iRquBU8.png

Step 11: Done!

SP7ToMA.png

Last edited:
I have a 4s CDMA VZW) with 5.0 firmware and 7.0.4 ios, also an active Straight talk sim for GSM. which I went online this am and activated. Problem is that I have "No Service" although network shows TFW, carrier- TFW 15.7. I want to use this sim activation. Evasi0n7 says it is not active. MEID 99000087072016 Do I have any chance of getting this to work?

Evasi0n does not hacktivate a device, it strictly jailbreaks it. True hacktivation requires a bootrom exploit which the 4S does not have. The only way to get the device activated is to borrow a working Verizon SIM to activate, or you have to purchase an activator SIM or an interposer like the R-SIM that comes with one. This will only bypass the default activation and does NOT bypass the iCloud activation

iOS 7.0.6 has been released, thus closing the 7.0.4 signing window. It's jailbreakable using Evasi0n7 once you add the new build to it. There's an unofficial version that does so, but it's recommended that you wait for @Evad3r's official release (they'll do the same thing but it's best to be official). It's recommended that users re-jailbreak on 7.0.6 to take advantage of the SSL security buff.

Note that this is all assuming that neither @Evad3rs nor any other reputable developer is willing to compile an independent package that addresses these SSL fixes (meaning you can stay on 7.0.5 or below and still get the SSL security verification fixes without having to restore and rejailbreak). This has yet to be confirmed by @Evad3rs

Last edited:
Note: Before starting this procedure, turn off your passcode lock, your restrictions if applicable, as well as your Touch ID for the iPhone 5. Also, if you updated to iOS 7 via OTA (directly through Settings.app), you must backup your device and restore your device using iTunes before continuing.

I had used the phone to update to iOS 7.0.6 not iTunes so I obviously need to do the above but my question is do I restore the phone then backup or backup the phone then restore the phone.

I have made a full back up and I am now restoring the phone from within iTunes, hope this sequence is fine.

You always backup before restoring. Restoring a device will not allow you to backup the device since you'll have no data to backup after a restore. A restore is a complete wipe of your device, not a scrap of old data left on it.

how about ios 7.1.1 is evansion working for that ios?
There is no jailbreak for iOS 7.1.1 at this time. There likely won't be a jailbreak for this iOS, at least until after the release of an iOS 8 jailbreak as the jailbreak community won't want to burn an exploit that may be needed for a possible iOS 8 jailbreak.

really?? i see in other website about jailbreak ios 7.1.1, they can do jailbreaks that ios with G**kSn0w 2.9
did you ever see that?:confused:

really?? i see in other website about jailbreak ios 7.1.1, they can do jailbreaks that ios with G**kSn0w 2.9 did you ever see that?:confused:
Yes, really. The site you mentioned as well as any site whatsoever that says they have a jailbreak for iOS 7.1.1 is a scam.

i think evansion can't jailbreak 7.1.1, but not geeksnow (for iphone 4 only) this app can do that..
just check thhis one..!!
EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed Scam Jailbreak Website Address

Last edited by a moderator:
i think evansion can't jailbreak 7.1.1, but not geeksnow (for iphone 4 only) this app can do that..
just check thhis one..!!
EDITED
That site is a scam.

Please stop posting about scam jailbreaks. THERE IS NO JAILBREAK FOR iOS 7.1 OR 7.1.1.

oops sorry..I was just looking for the truth about jailbreak ios 7.1
:(

Hi, I currently have an iPad 2 on 7.04 (11B554A) and would like to jailbreak it using Evasi0n7 procedure described in the first post.
The first post shows that the iPad2 has a strike though it.
Does this mean the jailbreak procedure is no longer valid on the iPad2?

Hi, I currently have an iPad 2 on 7.04 (11B554A) and would like to jailbreak it using Evasi0n7 procedure described in the first post.
The first post shows that the iPad2 has a strike though it.
Does this mean the jailbreak procedure is no longer valid on the iPad2?

Apologies, the iPad 2 on 7.0.4 is supported. There's a syntax change from our forum upgrades.