What's new

How to transfer itunes library to a new PC????

famtastic

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
Is there a way to transfer itunes library to a newly formatted PC, the old OS crashed and therefore had to be formatted and the OS reinstalled (Windows 7). Any solution to this issue ???
Plzzzz help me out....

Hello Friends, Is there a way to transfer itunes library to a newly formatted PC, the old OS crashed and therefore had to be formatted and the OS reinstalled (Windows 7). Any solution to this issue ??? Plzzzz help me out....
Unfortunately, if you've already formated your HD and installed the new OS (Windows 7) then your iTunes library is already gone due to the format.

Unfortunately, if you've already formated your HD and installed the new OS (Windows 7) then your iTunes library is already gone due to the format.

Thanks for the quick response thomas,
So u mean to say il have to let go of all my music, pics and videos as it will all be deleted when i connect and sync with itunes now???

Oh ok... so you're wanting to move the stuff you have on your iPhone back to your iTunes account?

C i want to connect my iphone to itunes on my newly installed win 7, but if i try to sync it says all my music and pics will be deleted. how do i get itunes to keeo my previous files and also allow me to upload new one??

Thanks for the quick response thomas,
So u mean to say il have to let go of all my music, pics and videos as it will all be deleted when i connect and sync with itunes now???

C i want to connect my iphone to itunes on my newly installed win 7, but if i try to sync it says all my music and pics will be deleted. how do i get itunes to keeo my previous files and also allow me to upload new one??

famtastic said:

First off...disable automatic sync by clicking on Edit in the top left corner of iTunes. Then click preferences. Then click Devices.

Then check the box that says "prevent iPhones, iPods, and iPads from syncing automatically.

Then plug in device, right click on it in iTunes, and click Transfer Purchases.

Any song or app that you bought from the iTunes store will get transferred.

Any song not bought from the iTunes store will not....you will have to transfer them a different way.

One is i-FunBox. Free. Plug phone, open
iFunBox and click on "Raw File System".

Then navigate to var/mobile/media/iTunes_control/Music

Then drag the music folder to your desktop, then drag that folder to your iTunes Library.

Doing it this way usually renames your sons Into letter and number to better categorize in the iPhones system.

The best way to do this is with a tool called iMate.

It cost $30 or something like that, but has a free trial so you can still use it for free to accomplish this one task.

TouchCopy, $25 but well worth it. It's a beautifully built program.

Edit: before purchasing test via trial version and make sure you don't have same issues as me with it not finding all songs. I'm very glad I notices this while under trial.

Last edited:
CopyTrans will also pull your music off the device and onto your hard drive. Not sure about photos though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

BurntOrangeOnly said:
CopyTrans will also pull your music off the device and onto your hard drive. Not sure about photos though.

CopyTrans can do that?

BurntOrangeOnly said:
Yes, it worked for me.

How do you do that? I have been trying to figure that out for months.lol.

Have you tried CopyTrans? Look at CopyTrans dot net, it's not hard to do.

Zig, I tried copytrans as well. It's a decent program that will get the job done. What swayed me towards TC was when it pulls your music off it looks and is in the order just like your song list. Copytrans renames songs and mixes them up.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Zig, I tried copytrans as well. It's a decent program that will get the job done. What swayed me towards TC was when it pulls your music off it looks and is in the order just like your song list. Copytrans renames songs and mixes them up.

If it renames songs and mixes them up then I think I'll just stick with iTools. Free....hasn't messed nothin up get.