What's new

Why can't I transfer audiobooks from library anymore?

suzbluz

Reaction score
If someone can help me, I would be overjoyed. One of the reasons I got an iphone was because it was compatible with library audiobooks through my Overdrive account. Here are the specs on my iphone4: Phone SW: 5.1.1, Itunes: 10.6.40.

When I go to the library digital audio and check out a book this is what happens:
1. Check out title (they are compatible with: iphone, ipod, ipad, pc, etc. (all the indicators are lit up that it accepts my device through my PC).
2. Download to the Overdrive program on my PC - everything so far so good.
3. Connect my phone4 to my PC (and have to manually open itunes - don't actually know why, but this is after I have to close the camera SW).
4. So now I have my iphone connected to my PC, itunes open and I click on the TRF button on the tope of the screen in Overdrive Media Console.
5. It looks for my iphone and when I click continue I get an error message that says you have to have at least 9.2.... itunes or better in order to transfer to this device.

When I contacted Apple they had no clue what was wrong or why it wouldn't work. The Apple Tech suggested using the "Overdrive App," but the problem is twofold: One if you do it that way you can only check out books in an MP3 format (not all audiobooks are MP3) and after downloading the App for Overdrive everytime I made a phone call the audio directions for Overdrive would play while I was trying to talk on the phone and I couldn't shut it off.

Sorry to be so long winded and gripey, but I'm very frustrated because everything was working perfectly before the last two updates and now I've had this issue and can't seem to resolve it.

OK, the other problem was after the previous update it wiped out everything I had on my iphone and when I tried to put it all back it only put back my calendar, contacts and music. Everything else was wiped out - all my rintones were gone (not the ones that came with the iphone) - I was able to restore them, but the phone won't play any of the individual ringtones as assigned.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanking in advance.