What's new

How to tether?

brnr17

Reaction score
On my droid i had PDA net to tether internet to use my laptop once in a while in a pinch, is there something similar to this for the iphone that anyone has come across?

When I had my iPhone 3G there was a version of PDANet available for it, did you look for one? If not, your other choice is to jailbreak to get USB and wireless tethering.

When I had my iPhone 3G there was a version of PDANet available for it, did you look for one? If not, your other choice is to jailbreak to get USB and wireless tethering.

i searched the appstore for PDA net but nothing came up

Be careful, to my knowledge, Jailbreak hasn't been released for the most current software version we are on.

MyWi is working but throwing phone into safemode on the Verizon Iphone. I'm sure this is just a bug they have to work out. Emailed support.

MyWi is working but throwing phone into safemode on the Verizon Iphone. I'm sure this is just a bug they have to work out. Emailed support.

just jailbroke and downloaded Mywi and ran into the safe mode problem, thanks for the heads up, hopefully they update soon!

Talked to someone else running PDANet and said it is running great. Maybe another uption to Mywi.

PDAnet is working flawlessly(14 day trial). I'm trying to find out if one of my Android Registration Codes will transfer. There is also a SBSettings Toggle Addition for PDANet on Cydia which is nice.

Thanks for the heads up on PDAnet. I downloaded and it is working great. I am one that only seems to know enough to get me into trouble so I need to ask what SBSettings toggle toggles. I googled and found many people asking to be able to toggle them but no one was saying what they are.

Glad to see it's working for y'all. I'll be jailbreaking her phone soon, but figured I'd let her enjoy it for awhile first before I snuck that one in. :D

I am using my Incredible for tethering now but will set up the iPhone as a backup. So far she's absolutely loving this phone.