What's new

iPhone 5 wifi tether

Spector

Reaction score
I just recently that 4g would be coming to my area this week. Living in a rural area, I have no reliable option for internet other than my Droids 3g wifi tether. My phone currently has 4g capabilities, but none of the wifi tether apps work. I was wondering, If I bought the iPhone 5, does it have any sort of tethering?

Spector said:
I just recently that 4g would be coming to my area this week. Living in a rural area, I have no reliable option for internet other than my Droids 3g wifi tether. My phone currently has 4g capabilities, but none of the wifi tether apps work. I was wondering, If I bought the iPhone 5, does it have any sort of tethering?

The iPhone 5 does support wifi tethering, but only if your cellular carrier allows it. Some charge an extra fee to activate wifi tethering and some, like mine, do it at no extra charge. Your best bet is to contact your carrier and ask.

The iPhone 5 does support wifi tethering, but only if your cellular carrier allows it. Some charge an extra fee to activate wifi tethering and some, like mine, do it at no extra charge. Your best bet is to contact your carrier and ask.

Mind me asking what carrier you are using? If its not verizon, do you know if verizon charges for it? Also, if a company did charge for it, is there any apps that would let me do it for free, like Barnacle Wifi Tether that I use on my droid.

Spector said:
Mind me asking what carrier you are using? If its not verizon, do you know if verizon charges for it? Also, if a company did charge for it, is there any apps that would let me do it for free, like Barnacle Wifi Tether that I use on my droid.

I'm with Sasktel, in Saskatchewan, Canada. If your cellular carrier charges for wifi tethering and you were to use ways to get it for free, that would be a breach of your terms of service and would likely be akin to piracy.