What's new

No WIFI

SandraD

Reaction score
Hello

I have a new iPhone 5. 2 weeks old and the cable already had to be replaced. Now I have no WIFI
My network is fine ALL my pcs and iPad connect fine

I've reset network settings several times. Rebooted. It shows I'm connected but I cannot use the Internet or any wifi apps. Turning it off I can connect with 4G. What's going on?

Tia

You have 90 days free phone support with Apple,i suggest you give them a ring,as this is your second problem in two weeks maybe they will suggest a replacement,they will certainly sort out your wifi problem in any case.

Problem Sorta Resolved

Spend much time on phone with Apple. Did several steps and they had me do a restore thinking the OS had a problem. That did not fix the issue so as it was my last day to exchange the phone at ATT I ended up there requesting an exchange

The nice young lady asked me if I had tried the WIFI with the case OFF? Huh? So we took the cheap thin plastic case off I had just purchased online and wallah! WIFI fast as lightening. She said several people has this problem when purchasing cases online or in Kiosk stores.

I still so not understand how a thin piece of plastic could or should block the WIFI connection .
I later called Apple to report the solution and that was a waste of time. I thought I was being nice. I wanted to speak to a real tech to find out why this happens. I just got some guy who tried to convince me he knew what he was talking about but clearly he didn't. Just could not explain why.

Just find it very strange, hopefully it will help someone else.

Sandy

Problem Sorta Resolved

Spend much time on phone with Apple. Did several steps and they had me do a restore thinking the OS had a problem. That did not fix the issue so as it was my last day to exchange the phone at ATT I ended up there requesting an exchange

The nice young lady asked me if I had tried the WIFI with the case OFF? Huh? So we took the cheap thin plastic case off I had just purchased online and wallah! WIFI fast as lightening. She said several people has this problem when purchasing cases online or in Kiosk stores.

I still so not understand how a thin piece of plastic could or should block the WIFI connection .
I later called Apple to report the solution and that was a waste of time. I thought I was being nice. I wanted to speak to a real tech to find out why this happens. I just got some guy who tried to convince me he knew what he was talking about but clearly he didn't. Just could not explain why.

Just find it very strange, hopefully it will help someone else.

Sandy
i'm glad you got the problem resolved,i do know that some Aluminium bumpers can reduce the signal but i haven't heard of a plastic case blocking it completely,i will certainly add that to my things to suggest in the future,thank you for letting us know.