What's new

Unable to join wifi network or wrong password [wifi problem]

lovenix93

Reaction score
HI all, i m here to post my question to your attention.
i've an iPhone 5 and I'm noticing some problem with wifi. In particular my phone connects correctly to wifi modems when it is close to the modem, i mean about 3/4 metres. BUT, the iphone cant connect properly ro rhe wifi network when it s far from the mode, something like 5 or more metres. i have to say that the phone shows the networks at the maximum power signal. But when im far from the modem and i try to connect to the wifi modem, i had these error mesages: "unable to join to xxxxxxx" or "wrong password". I type the correct password, and even if i ssr my modem without an encryption, my phone doesnt connect it if far away... I have another iphone ane it connects correctly. I resetted my phone in dfu mode like a new phone, resetted the modem too, changed my wifi antenna into my iphone, nothing works.. This fault occurree some days after i upgrades to 8.4 ios. Anyone with my problem? Could it be ic wifi chip? My bluetooth works okay. Thanks in advsnce

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Does this problem occur when trying to connect to any WiFi router or just the one at home?

Just in case your network setting have been somehow changed, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will not erase any data from your iPhone but you will have to log in again at sites that normally remember you. Let us know if this helps.

Just in case your network setting have been somehow changed, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will not erase any data from your iPhone but you will have to log in again at sites that normally remember you. Let us know if this helps.
Done. Nothing to do

Since you've tried a number of ways to get your WiFi working properly, without success, it's possible that there's a defect in your iPhone. Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take it in for a Genius Bar appointment to have a diagnostic done. The diagnostic is free and they'll be able to tell you what the problem is. If it's software related they may be able to fix it right there. A hardware issue would require an out of warranty repair.

I think it s an hw problem, wifi and bluetooth chip on logic board