What's new

How to send Attachments from an iPhone !

augustya

Reaction score
How can one send attachments from the iPhone ? Can u not send an attachment from an iPhone? I use the native email client gmail and yahoo and host of other web based Email services. And I was pissed off I could not find the attachment button anywhere !!

I am on iOS 5.0.1

With iOS, you have to think oppositely. Instead of attaching something to an e-mail, you create an email from within the attachment.

For example, with a photo: Go to the Photo app and select a Photo. In the top left will be an option so you can mail from the Photo app. Most apps have this ability to email from within. It's a function of Apple's sandbox ing, in that apps cannot access information from other apps. It's a security thing against bugs an viruses.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Sometimes I'll be in the middle of an email and go to attach a photo... and UGH!!! Forgot that you have to start w/ the photo as an attachment. LOL!!!!!

thomasjtsi said:
Sometimes I'll be in the middle of an email and go to attach a photo... and UGH!!! Forgot that you have to start w/ the photo as an attachment. LOL!!!!!

You can copy and paste a picture into your emails. Lol!
No need to start another one!

Your the only one who's mentioned PDF's in this thread ;)! Lol.

I know once I'd re-read. I tend to do that. Read something and different words come out (laughs out loud). I'm sure they must mean PDFs though as pics are straight forward where as PDFs ain't! Leave me alone 😜

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
I know once I'd re-read. I tend to do that. Read something and different words come out (laughs out loud). I'm sure they must mean PDFs though as pics are straight forward where as PDFs ain't! Leave me alone dde1c

iHolophyte

They may have been referring to PDF files I'm not sure, but I was quoting thomjtsi.
I've gotta mess with somebody. ;) lmao!!

Interesting response about how attachments work. It does work fine ... for one photo.

But, how does it work if I have seveal photos that I want to "attach"?

Geezer235711