What's new

Different notifications for different email accounts.

Dave13077

Reaction score
Hello,

I am moving from my Android phone to a Iphone 4S.

A question I have is on the Android I had a Gmail app, a Yahoo app, and the standard email client on the phone. I set it up so I would get notifications when I received an email from Gmail and Yahoo but not from the exchange account (work email). Because I get a ton of work email I don't need to be notified when a new message comes in but want to be when I get a message from Gmail or Yahoo.

Can you get separate app (different icons) for Gmaill and Yahoo and use the Iphone email client for my work email or does everything have to be set up with the Iphone email client? If it does need to flow through the Iphone email client can I set up different notifications for the different accounts?

Thanks,

Can anyone help me with this? Let me know if anyone needs more clarification of what I am asking. Thanks in advance for your help.

OK thanks for the help. So I guess that the notifications are either on or ok for all accounts. Can you view the email address separably or does all the email flow into a unified mailbox?

In the mail area, there are two groups. The top group is "All Inboxes" followed by the in box of each account separately. Below that is the second group -- each account with all its folders, not just the inbox.