What's new

How to save SMS messages onto Sim?

Brad1549

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am buying a new Samsung Phone and was wondering if there is any way to transfer my text messages from my iPhone to my new samsung phone?

Any method at all? Can you save messages to the SIM card? Or can you save and 'download' all past text messages from a database or something?

Thanks for your help!

The general formats for text exports are TXT, PDF, HTML and XLS. The SIM card is not an ideal method of porting SMS/MMS because the amount of storage that's on a SIM card is extremely minimal. It was a practical way of backing up SMS and such on older devices but not on newer devices

Hi guys,

I am buying a new Samsung Phone and was wondering if there is any way to transfer my text messages from my iPhone to my new samsung phone?

Any method at all? Can you save messages to the SIM card? Or can you save and 'download' all past text messages from a database or something?

Thanks for your help!

Follow the steps below to transfer SMS from iOS (6+) to Android.

1. Backup your iPhone through iTunes.

2. Locate the backup file.
  • For Windows users: C://[Users]/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Mobile Sync
  • For Mac OS users: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
3. Now open the folder with the most recent timestamp.

4. Copy the file 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28 to the SD card of your Android phone.

5. Download iSMS2droid from the Google Play Store and use it to transfer your sms to the device.

Last edited: