What's new

How To Jailbreak iOS 7.1.X using PanGu

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing that the new jailbreak has been "vetted" by several hackers as well as several trustworthy sites, this tutorial lays out the steps for using PanGu to jailbreak your iOS 7.1.X device. This works for any and all devices running iOS 7.1, 7.1.1 and soon 7.1.2.

Like all jailbreaks in history, prior to following the steps, make a backup of your device. The jailbreak does work on OTA updated, but it's always best to start fresh then jailbreak your device.

Note that the images below may or may not be what you see, depending on whether you have your OS's language pack for Simplified Chinese, and even then, most users may not understand what's going on.

Note: iPhoneForums, iPadForums and AppleForums DOES NOT condone piracy of any kind. PanGu DOES optionally incorporate a notorious piracy app, which is the Chinese "alternative" to Cydia. Devices that are jailbroken for the sole purpose of utilizing this application to its fullest potential WILL NOT receive any assistance as a result of installing an extremely unstable package alongside the piracy app. If you have sincerely accidentally installed this piracy application and would like to remove it without restoring, please follow this Reddit tutorial.

Prior to beginning this tutorial, please disable your PIN/password as well as your device's autolock to ensure a smooth process.

Download Link

Windows v1.0.0

------

Windows Download

Mac OS Download

Step 1: Download the exe/dmg file for your respective computer OS.

Step 2: Remove your device's passcode lock, and change your device's date to June 2nd, 2014. The time does not matter.

Go to Settings > General > Date & Time

jUAHQq1.png

Toggle OFF the Set Automatically function.

crAqqGP.png

Tap on the date and manipulate it so that the date is now June 2nd, 2014 or prior.

WS4A5ay.png

ihu1hI1.png

Step 3: Run Pangu as an administrator (if applicable)

7ca4b67fcc.jpg

Step 4: Connect your iOS 7.1.X device to your computer and click the jailbreak button upon receiving the message.

DSzn91N.jpg

Step 5: Wait. This procedure may take anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes depending on your computer's processing ability.

Upon clicking the Jailbreaking button, your device's screen should look like the below

k6jTyp9.jpg

Waiting.....

u9e66lx.jpg

s2Cxyg3.jpg

Your device should now be rebooting.

42YwIMD.jpg

You may or may not see this procedure depending on whether you've turned off Passcode Lock or not.

mgJxMUh.jpg

If your device is password protected, during this procedure, prevent your device from going to sleep by tapping on it once the screen dims prior to it going to sleep. If you have turned off Passcode Lock, you don't have to worry.

XTnkEvr.jpg

YwUDJfR.jpg

NIJjZE3.jpg

And you are now successfully jailbroken on iOS 7.1.X.

[FIN]

Pangu v1.0.0 - Chinese Version [ARCHIVE]

Step 1: Download the exe file for your respective computer OS.

Step 2: Change your device's date to June 2nd, 2014. The time does not matter.

Go to Settings > General > Date & Time

jUAHQq1.png

Toggle OFF the Set Automatically function.

crAqqGP.png

Tap on the date and manipulate it so that the date is now June 2nd, 2014 or prior.

WS4A5ay.png

ihu1hI1.png

Step 3: Run the utility as an administrator (if applicable)

kGJaBKy.png

Step 4: Untick the box which installs the piracy app, plug your device in, and click the Jailbreak button. (Only applicable to Pangu v1.0.0)

Hf2FV2F.png

Step 5: Wait about a minute or two for the jailbreak data uploading to commence and finish.

D4DDKLm.png

Step 6: At this point, the progress bar is about 50%, and has not moved for more than 30 seconds. At this point, tap on the PanGu application that's now on your Springboard.

Qk7LvGg.jpg

Di28Fwi.png

Step 7: The jailbreaking process will continue, and will reboot at least twice.

duwDQjw.png

Step 8: The jailbreak is now finished, and your device should be rebooting, with Cydia appearing on your Springboard.

Edn4hXL.png

[FIN]

Last edited:
English tutorial added on top of the v1.0.0 Chinese instructions. Link has also been updated in the first post for v1.1.0

Sorry for being noob but when i start Pangu there is the following message" Please activate our device before apply jailbreak". Any suggestion and thanks in advance.

Sorry for being noob but when i start Pangu there is the following message" Please activate our device before apply jailbreak". Any suggestion and thanks in advance.

As Pangu says, activate the device. Pangu is strictly a jailbreaking utility and does not hacktivate devices, so you'll only be able to run the jailbreak utility if you have access to your springboard.

i have 4s and 5s ios 7.1.2 both have activation lock .
i need to jailbreak them so i can use them as ipod.
what should i do to bypass this activation lock

There is nothing you can do to bypass the activation lock - the person who's AppleID the phone is locked to is the only one who can unlock it (with their password).

Without that original AppleID and password, the phone cannot be opened, activated or jail broken. It is, essentially a brick of glass and metal.

Marilyn

I've deleted the two duplicate posts you just made which asked this same question. Besides fragmenting any resulting conversation, duplicate posting is against our rules.

BTW, your question was answered in this thread, there's no reason to ask it two more times.

Greets! I have two questions about this thread's first post.
1. It states, "If you have sincerely accidentally installed this piracy application and would like to remove it without restoring, please follow this Reddit tutorial." How do you select to not install this piracy application, or tell that it got installed?
2. After the first set of pictures of the computer's screen of the English part it says, "
And you are not successfully jailbroken on iOS 7.1.X." Do you mean "now" instead of "not"?
Greg

1. The version that followed the initial release of the utility had that option toggle-able. If you're using the latest version of the utility, you can untick it.

2. Typo fixed.

Yesterday morning I downloaded Pangu from the link above. I think it is a New Zealand(?) host. By the afternoon when I got set up to run it on my old XP machine there must have been a new version on the pangu.io site. The program I ran on my computer had a red banner across the front. When I clicked on the banner it I was taken to the pangu.io site and I noticed the version displayed was different than the one I had downloaded. I had to download it again. Since I am on a dialup internet connection it took about an hour and a half. I can only recognize about a quarter of the characters in the red banner, that is why I moused over to it and clicked.
If you haven't updated your exe you can see the banner by running the program again. If not I can post a picture later tonight. I have wine grapes to harvest and crush this morning. :) (maybe I should have picked the purple one. :rolleyes:)

Yesterday morning I downloaded Pangu from the link above. I think it is a New Zealand(?) host. By the afternoon when I got set up to run it on my old XP machine there must have been a new version on the pangu.io site. The program I ran on my computer had a red banner across the front. When I clicked on the banner it I was taken to the pangu.io site and I noticed the version displayed was different than the one I had downloaded. I had to download it again. Since I am on a dialup internet connection it took about an hour and a half. I can only recognize about a quarter of the characters in the red banner, that is why I moused over to it and clicked.
If you haven't updated your exe you can see the banner by running the program again. If not I can post a picture later tonight. I have wine grapes to harvest and crush this morning. :) (maybe I should have picked the purple one. :rolleyes:)

I've reparsed the link. Should be better now. Re-download and retry.

aside from a backup and a clean restore is their anything else that should be done before jailbreaking. Like before the big thing was to save your blobs.
Also can you do an updated list of tweaks that are a must. I know it still early and not everything is updated. Like ilexrat, openssh, ifile ,mobile terminal is there any more

Starting with iOS 7, blobs became obsolete. Apple uses APtickets only, which are unique by instance.

I'll see if I can compile a list of iOS 8 packages. With an updated substrate as of this morning, there should be a few more underlying tweaks that should receive an update soon.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

i'm really torn. i need to update to ios 8.1 anyways but i'm not sure if i want to go ahead and jailbreak. since i upgraded to the iphone 6 i now have my iphone 4 as the jailbroken device. i realized though that all i really want from the jail break is icaughtu pro. i know we still void the warranty if we jailbreak but we can always remove it with out a trace. any tips or advice

i'm really torn. i need to update to ios 8.1 anyways but i'm not sure if i want to go ahead and jailbreak. since i upgraded to the iphone 6 i now have my iphone 4 as the jailbroken device. i realized though that all i really want from the jail break is icaughtu pro. i know we still void the warranty if we jailbreak but we can always remove it with out a trace. any tips or advice

Not sure what you mean. You're tying the iPhone 4 and iPhone 6 into the same topic but they really dont have anything to do with each other. The iPhone 6 comes with iOS 8 by default, the iPhone 4 does not have iOS 8 support. 8.1 is not a necessity, it's optional as are all software updates.

If you're talking about jailbreaking the iPhone 6, then that's up to you. Even if you jailbreak it, iCaughUPro hasn't been updated for iOS 8 support yet AFAIK.