What's new

How to Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 VERIZON IPHONE with pwnage tool (Untethered Mac)

Well finally got it jailbroken...but with a windows machine. I cannot get the mac version to work. Which is ironic.

I had to make sure I used snowbreeze 2.7 version 2! Version one put me in an infinite boot loop.

dtt255 said:
Well finally got it jailbroken...but with a windows machine. I cannot get the mac version to work. Which is ironic.

I had to make sure I used snowbreeze 2.7 version 2! Version one put me in an infinite boot loop.

I don't access to a working pc.. At least not for awhile .. Any one else?

Well I finally got it to jailbreak .. Downloaded latest version of redsn0w and downloaded 4.2.6 as the iso to install the cydia ..loaded it then went back and load up redsn0w for tethered ..at this point it's jail broken tethered .. Then I went o cydia to download the CDMA untethered and installed it. Works like a charm !

Well I finally got it to jailbreak .. Downloaded latest version of redsn0w and downloaded 4.2.6 as the iso to install the cydia ..loaded it then went back and load up redsn0w for tethered ..at this point it's jail broken tethered .. Then I went o cydia to download the CDMA untethered and installed it. Works like a charm !

That's great. Did u had troubles which u manage to fix?

That is EXACTLY what I did. I had no problems after doing these steps. As a matter of fact I was so buoyed by my success that I also jailbroke my ATV2 using pwnage

bab2010 said:

No troubles at all.. I just did a lot of reading and see others success.. Red snow from what I can tell really the the only one that worked for me... Pwnagetool would get stuck at the apple logo and every other version attempt would not have an operating cydia

bab2010 said:

No troubles at all.. I just did a lot of reading and see others success.. Red snow from what I can tell really the the only one that worked for me... Pwnagetool would get stuck at the apple logo and every other version attempt would not have an operating cydia

Just likemine when jailbreaking with redsnow it went fast and without teoubles.

I'm thinking if I want to jailbreak mine, I may just send it off to one of you to do it for me...

I'm thinking if I want to jailbreak mine, I may just send it off to one of you to do it for me...

The latest version of Redsn0w, that is Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15, does not support the untethered jailbreak on the recently released iOS 4.2.8. The one way to get the untethered jailbreak on your CDMA iPhone 4 is to cook the custom iOS 4.2.8 with Sn0wbreeze 2.7 and then restore to it. But if you are a Mac user, you can’t use Sn0wbreeze because the said software is compatible with Win OS only.
Here is a simple guide by following which you can get untethered jailbreak on you Verizon iPhone 4 without needing Snowbreeze or restoring to custom iOS 4.2.8.
Step 1: Update your Verizon iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2.8 via iTunes.
Step 2: Launch Redsnow and when it asks you to select the corresponding iPSW file, point it to iOS 4.2.6 instead of iOS 4.2.8.
safe_image.php

Step 3: While selecting “Install Cydia” option, jailbreak your phone.
safe_image.php

Step 4: Now boot tethered your iPhone using the “Just boot tethered right now” option from Redsnow.
Step 5: Launch Cydia and add the source http://djayb6.com/.
safe_image.php

Step 6: Using the search box in Cydia, search for “CDMA iPhone Untether”
safe_image.php

Step 7: Install CDMA iPhone untether for iOS 4.2.8 package.
safe_image.php

Step 8: Restart your untethered jailbroken iPhone 4 running on Verizon network.
Thanks to Djayb6 for developing this package and making iOS 4.2.8 unethered jailbreak possible.

The latest version of Redsn0w, that is Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15, does not support the untethered jailbreak on the recently released iOS 4.2.8. The one way to get the untethered jailbreak on your CDMA iPhone 4 is to cook the custom iOS 4.2.8 with Sn0wbreeze 2.7 and then restore to it. But if you are a Mac user, you can’t use Sn0wbreeze because the said software is compatible with Win OS only.
Here is a simple guide by following which you can get untethered jailbreak on you Verizon iPhone 4 without needing Snowbreeze or restoring to custom iOS 4.2.8.
Step 1: Update your Verizon iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2.8 via iTunes.
Step 2: Launch Redsnow and when it asks you to select the corresponding iPSW file, point it to iOS 4.2.6 instead of iOS 4.2.8.
safe_image.php

Step 3: While selecting “Install Cydia” option, jailbreak your phone.
safe_image.php

Step 4: Now boot tethered your iPhone using the “Just boot tethered right now” option from Redsnow.
Step 5: Launch Cydia and add the source http://djayb6.com/.
safe_image.php

Step 6: Using the search box in Cydia, search for “CDMA iPhone Untether”
safe_image.php

Step 7: Install CDMA iPhone untether for iOS 4.2.8 package.
safe_image.php

Step 8: Restart your untethered jailbroken iPhone 4 running on Verizon network.
Thanks to Djayb6 for developing this package and making iOS 4.2.8 unethered jailbreak possible.

Thanks for your time and reply, but I am a Mac user and I own a Verizon iPhone 4 (v 4.2.8). I've had quite a bit of help from several individuals on this site but it almost seems to be a lot of technical babble (not that I can't understand things) most of which always seemed to have a problem with one thing or another.

Check out my profile and see what posts I've written and their replies...

MrBenchMark said:
Thanks for your time and reply, but I am a Mac user and I own a Verizon iPhone 4 (v 4.2.8). I've had quite a bit of help from several individuals on this site but it almost seems to be a lot of technical babble (not that I can't understand things) most of which always seemed to have a problem with one thing or another.

Sorry if it's unclear.. I guess to me the instructions were straight forward. Btw it's for a mac user considering that's whAt I had to do for my iPhone 4. I'm running now jailbreak 4.2.8 from my MacBook pro

MrBenchMark said:

Sorry if it's unclear.. I guess to me the instructions were straight forward. Btw it's for a mac user considering that's whAt I had to do for my iPhone 4. I'm running now jailbreak 4.2.8 from my MacBook pro

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood, my apologies. So, I download Redsnow at this link--->Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15 Download AVailable for Jailbreaking iOS 4.3.3, right?

Then after that just follow what you've posted and that's it? Do I have my iPhone hooked up to my iMac from the time I launch Redsnow all the way to the end?

Well I just went to the page I suspected was the right one, and it's no longer available...

MrBenchMark said:

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood, my apologies. So, I download Redsnow at this link--->Redsnow 0.9.6 RC15 Download AVailable for Jailbreaking iOS 4.3.3, right?

Then after that just follow what you've posted and that's it? Do I have my iPhone hooked up to my iMac from the time I launch Redsnow all the way to the end?
you should have your device power off and connect to your computer while having redsnow running, then will come the time to enter DFU mode, follow the redsnow onscreen instructions.