What's new

How to Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 VERIZON IPHONE with pwnage tool (Untethered Mac)

At that point I go back into DFU and restore from iTunes.

So you issue is either with the ios you are using, either with the tool you are using to jailbreak. If you have another computer, you might also consider doing it on another computer to see if it works out or not.

At that point I go back into DFU and restore from iTunes.

So you issue is either with the ios you are using, either with the tool you are using to jailbreak. If you have another computer, you might also consider doing it on another computer to see if it works out or not.

So as some background, what type of computer are you using to do this? Could the issue be related to the MacBook Pro since it is so new??? If everyone is using pwnage 4.3.3.1 and that Verizon pt bundle, Verizon iphone 4.2.8, and iTunes 10.2.2 the only thing left is the Mac itself. Either the MBP part, the newest hardware, or something else.

I would be curious to see what successful people are using for installs and what failed people are using for installs.

Also I was going to try and install on a Windows machine but I thought you could not use the iPhone on a windows and a mac at the same time?

Also I was going to try and install on a Windows machine but I thought you could not use the iPhone on a windows and a mac at the same time?
Sure, you can use connect your phone to a mac book and disconnect it, and connect it to a windows computer, you might mess up with your itunes unless you authorise both itunes on both computers to recognize and deal with your device for u to be able to not have apps or songs etc... unsync out from your device, except that, nothing can go wrong to the device itself.

Just tried it on on iMac (all current software) I have never plugged my device into it before and got the exact same thing.

One thing I did notice is when trying to restore with the custom ipsw it says something in the the iTunes window about verifying restore with Apple. (it said "verifying iPhone restore with Apple) Would that have anything to do with it? Should I be 100% disconnected from any internet before I do this?

Last edited:
Just tried it on on iMac (all current software) I have never plugged my device into it before and got the exact same thing.

One thing I did notice is when trying to restore with the custom ipsw it says something in the the iTunes window about verifying restore with Apple. (it said "verifying iPhone restore with Apple) Would that have anything to do with it? Should I be 100% disconnected from any internet before I do this?

No no, instead, you should be on internet, otherwise itunes will not restore the iOS on your phone. Actually itunes is checking your shsh key to make sure that the iOS you are trying to restore is the latest one. And itunes need internet to do that. So always make sure that you have internet available whenever you are restoring your iOS.

No no, instead, you should be on internet, otherwise itunes will not restore the iOS on your phone. Actually itunes is checking your shsh key to make sure that the iOS you are trying to restore is the latest one. And itunes need internet to do that. So always make sure that you have internet available whenever you are restoring your iOS.

Well, back to square one then....

Well, back to square one then....

??? What do u mean?

:) I mean, for me nothing has changed. I still have the same issue. I have tried everything here, with different Macs and I get the same result. So I am back to where I was when I first posted. Sitting at the white apple logo...

:) I mean, for me nothing has changed. I still have the same issue. I have tried everything here, with different Macs and I get the same result. So I am back to where I was when I first posted. Sitting at the white apple logo...

Do u have an ibooter? Maybe your jailbreak is a tether one and need the ibooter to boot off that apple white logo.
If you have the ibooter, run it and see if it will boot the device, if it does then your jailbreak tool is your troubles.

Since I don't know what ibooter is ... no I don't have one. But I don't want a tethered jailbreak. I thought this thread was for an "untethered" jailbreak.

Yes the thread is for untether jailbreak, but the tool you are using to jailbreak your device might not be optimize for untether or you didn't select untether in the options of the tool. I do not Know about mac and pwnage tool, but on windows, either snowbreeze or redsnow provide an iboot for just in case. If you are using redsnow, you will find the iboot in the zip file of redsnow. If you are using snowbreeze, it will create an iboot on your desktop. It's use to boot up the device from that white apple logo screen.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help even though this did not work.
What did work was using redsn0w, booting tethered, and getting the CDMA iPhone Un-Tether from a different repository in Cydia.

Bottom line is I am jailbroken and happy.
Thanks again for the help

danjswartz said:
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help even though this did not work.
What did work was using redsn0w, booting tethered, and getting the CDMA iPhone Un-Tether from a different repository in Cydia.

Bottom line is I am jailbroken and happy.
Thanks again for the help

Can you please share what exactly you did... I've been following through on all these other options redsnow pwnagetool no success on my MacBook pro.. Anything would be awesome considering I came from a jailbroken 4.2.6 through green poison..