What's new

How to go back to 4.2.6 from 4.2.7??

Christinamg82

Reaction score
I updated and didn't shsh blobs or whatever , can't I just reload the firmware???? Help plz I want to go back so I can jailbreak!!!:))

Welcome to the forum! un fortunately it is not that simple and you need shsh blobs otherwise you are stuck, why do you want to downgrade fw?

Unleashed said:
Welcome to the forum! un fortunately it is not that simple and you need shsh blobs otherwise you are stuck, why do you want to downgrade fw?

I cant jail break it so I want to go back to the 4.2.6

looks like you are stuck for now until there is a new jb for the firmware you are on

So there is no way to go back by like downgrade or anything????? There has to be right?!?!?! Pleaseeee let there be?!!!:'-(

So there is no way to go back by like downgrade or anything????? There has to be right?!?!?! Pleaseeee let there be?!!!:'-(

there is no way to downgrade firmware with out saving your shsh blobs.

sorry to bring bad news but you just have to wait until there is a new jailbreak, but i dont think it will take very long..

Can't you just restore to Factory and start over?
Or does that keep it at 4.2.7?

Savour is Everywhere

Can't you just restore to Factory and start over?
Or does that keep it at 4.2.7?

Savour is Everywhere

when you restore it to "Factory" it puts the latest firmware on your iphone and you cant put older firmware with out shsh blobs unless you use the iphone 3g..

and since she has no shsh blobs there is no way to downgrade

Sorry, but unleashed is right.

All late edition 3GS's and all iPhone 4's require the correct SHSH's do be able to downgrade firmware...

On the bright side... the 4.2.7 JB shouldn't be too far away so hang in there. greenpois0n are saying they have it working. I doubt it will be too long before they release it.

If you are going to JB. Make sure you avoid the "Upgrade" button when a new version of iOS comes out. Only upgrade after the JB has been released for the new version.

It will save you much hassle, and you won't dislike Unleashed for giving you the bad news :)

if i do the tethered jailbreak for the iphone4 4.2.7 n when it resprings do i have to go back 2 da computer

Not for respring. Only for reboot or if the phone is turned off. Also if you don't install things like SB settings, winterboard (anything from cydia that asks you to reboot to complete the install) the jailbreak will be untethered...

I hate it not to be able to downgrade the OS

Last edited by a moderator: