What's new

How to fake my phone's IP address?

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to fake my IP address on my 4s, so that I can use apps that restricts foreign IP addresses?

I'm talking about some Chinese apps, I'm Chinese and I live in the U.S.. I'm pretty much blocked from the entire contents in some apps, due to my U.S. IP address.

Not sure if this requires JB or not, I'm not JBed at the time but will do so as soon as it is released for 6.0.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

(if this need to be moved to the JB forum, mod please kindly do so, thanks!)

There is no way to do it from the phone. That is due to how the internet itself works. The only thing you can do is use a service that will route your traffic there from another IP and then relay the information back to you. That means either a Proxy sever or VPN connection. You will need to do some research to see which option is best for you current needs.

So I just need to use a proxy of some sort for my home internet that I'm connected to and I will be good to go? Am I understanding this correctly?

How about cellular internet? Anything I could do while on the go? Which is my main concern since I will have a laptop at home for that purpose anyways.

Thanks!

VPN can be setup on the phone and used across any connection. Proxy will require your home wifi to be setup properly.