What's new

iPhone 3s, iOS 6.1.3, FW 05.16.08 Jailbreak

Drjoepa

Reaction score
Can someone point me to the easy way to jailbreak my old standby 3s, 6.1.3, FW 5.16.08. ?
Everything I see online has multiple steps to DL iOS 6.0 ipsw, teter JB, then DL posid0n then, then, then. Must be an easy way by now.
Hope someone has some new experience with
the older 3s that I just can't part with. I want to use it when I sell my IP 5 before IP 6 comes out.
Thank's everybody. I know I'm lazy.
Doc Joe

No problem. Let us know how it goes.

Tried your recommendation, P0sixspwn without success. This downloads to the PC but crashes.

I may require to point Redsn0w to iOS 6.O, IPSW
before jailbreaking with Cydia on the utility.
I have made several attempts on Win 7. I also removed several apps from the 3GS to leave a
GB available without getting past the DFU.
I get a black screen and do not see the loading of the JB OS on the screen. Waited 5 mins. and nada. Very frustrating. Trying to avoid Bricking.

I would like very much to discover my mistake or what I have overlooked. I am able to return to the 6.1.3 without the jailbreak I am seeking, thank goodness and live to try again. Still looking.
Your suggestions are always welcome by me.

If you have or can get Teamviewer, I can see if I can get the software portion working while you perform the hardware tasks (such as putting the device into DFU mode) and maybe we can diagnose the issue. From the past few times I've had to use Teamviewer for assisting some members, the issue usually arises from the device not being in DFU mode, or the 6.0 IPSW was not selected. Give it another go with a fresh IPSW downloaded through a browser that's not Internet Explorer, and running RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 as an administrator with Windows XP compatibility.