What's new

How to "fake" a broken phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve0

Reaction score
I know this is wrong so we will skip that discussion. I want a new phone but my wife won't agree to it cuz my 4 still works. It has shattered glass, power button doesn't work and it's getting slower by the day. How can I make my iPhone inoperable for an excuse to get a new one but still sell it at the phone box in the mall so I can get a few bucks for it?

I know this is wrong so we will skip that discussion. I want a new phone but my wife won't agree to it cuz my 4 still works. It has shattered glass, power button doesn't work and it's getting slower by the day. How can I make my iPhone inoperable for an excuse to get a new one but still sell it at the phone box in the mall so I can get a few bucks for it?

Well, you pretty much answered your own question.

This topic is wrong and we won't skip this part: this forum will not aid you in defrauding a vendor. Please do the right thing.

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

OP, Just so we understand are you saying you just want your phone to "appear" inoperable to your wife so you can have a new one? You're not talking of defrauding a vendor?

The only method would be to jailbreak the device. With the Activator tweak and your power button already inoperable, you can change the home button gesture to result in no action, meaning no matter how you press it, it won't operate as a normal home button should be. Of course, it's reversible, and if you bring it to an Apple store and you get the right Apple Genius, they will reject your claim for a replacement device and repairing the device will be at full prices in the case that you're attempting to fake the inoperability of the device to a vendor.

With that, we've settled this matter.

I don't think there's anymore help to be given here so we will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.