What's new

help new to iphone. Jail broken phone no longer sends text.

mr.hendo

Reaction score
So I have an iphone on straight talk uses att. I recently jailbroke and, installed cydia. Somehow amongst all the confusion I have turned my text outgoing only off. My phone wont even allow me to view my conversations once I click on messaging icon it takes me back to home screen? Its something i have done to the phone possibly other than the jailbreak. Im new to iphone and have been learning as i go i woujld appreciate any info i can get. I already tt ST they did all they could do still no outgoing text and no way to view my messages but i can recieve them?

*EDITED: Removed external Link*

The link you provided isn't from a legitimate jailbreak source, so I'll have to ask you to refrain from posting it again.

Now, you could be having issues with your jailbreak since it wasn't from a legit source. That would be my guess. Far as I know, straight talk sells iPhone sims and its easy as activating and going.

I have a straighttalk sim. I jailbroke the phone in order to fix my mms that never worked. Can some one give me any idea as to why an iphone wont send text wont let you view text messages and sends you to home screen when you click on message icon? What do you mean by "the jail break source is not legitimate". What exactly makes a source legitamate? also that unlegitamate source used evasi0n to jailbreak, same as your phones?

The difference isn't whether they use legitimate programs or not, it's the legitimacy of the sources of their information. There are many sites out there that offer fake information to mislead and misguide users. There are only a handful of sites that are legitimate and trustworthy enough to get your information from.

What you're describing is that your phone is in a semi-tethered state, where if you tap on any app, it'll crash and bring you back to your Springboard. There's no way to fix this without restoring or rejailbreaking the device assuming you're on iOS 6.0-6.1.2. If you're on 6.1.3, you have to boot tethered first before you do anything as that's a symptom