What's new

Red dot on voicemail

gavinlee77

Reaction score
I've got a red dot that has appeared on my phone symbol stating that I have a voicemail I've pressed the voicemail button but but my inbox is empty and the dot still stays there!! Any ideas how I can get rid of it, I'm running the latest update and my phone is not jail broken

gavinlee77 said:
I've got a red dot that has appeared on my phone symbol stating that I have a voicemail I've pressed the voicemail button but but my inbox is empty and the dot still stays there!! Any ideas how I can get rid of it, I'm running the latest update and my phone is not jail broken

Is cellular data/3G on. You cannot use visual voice mail on wifi, or no Internet connection. Only works with your data.

Try calling your own phone number, which is in fact your voicemail inbox, and see if there is a voicemail in there.

This is why I use the YouMail app from the AppStore. Can have visual Voicemail on wifi or 3G data, and works soon much better the the stock iPhone Voicemail does.

And as soon as you setup YouMail with your number, you can still just call your own number, and check your voicemail just like you alway could.

I would save your phone number in your contacts and label name the contact "Voicemail".

Thats what I do. I just open my phone app, type in V-O-I then the number shows and i press the call button.

Oh wait, you can't do that last part. Sorry.

I removed my voicemail tab from the Phone.app because I use YouMail.lol.

gavinlee77 said:
That's still not removed the dot?

Calling your voicemail you mean? Hmm. Did you even have a voicemail?

zig9449 said:
Calling your voicemail you mean? Hmm. Did you even have a voicemail?

Yeah I have voicemail I've even left myself a voicemail & then deleted it but the dot stays

gavinlee77 said:
Yeah I have voicemail I've even left myself a voicemail & then deleted it but the dot stays

Do you have 3G/cellular data on? If not turn it on and open the voicemail tab.

gavinlee77 said:
That's all on still got the dot.

Tried a hard reboot? Hold both home and power/sleep button for around 10 seconds to you see the Ape logo?

I've tried a soft reset not that way though

Done a hard reset and it's still there, it's doing my head in

I'm sorry mate, that's all I got:(

I dont use the regular voicemail, so i do not have such problems. I'll let ya know if I can think of anything else tho:(

No worries thanks for the help anyway 👍