What's new

How To Enable 3G Only Network Data?

jauhari

Reaction score
How to do this simple step. We want to Enable 3G only and disable EDGE. Example if our coverage didn't find any 3D Network... Data Network will Disable.
How to do that?

It's not doable if you are on iOS 5+ perhaps unless you JB which I'm also not certain about.

There are no menu on SBSettings to Switch Of The Edge. The menu is Switch Off 3G and Switch Off Data. Any clue about it? That I mean keep Data On but on 3G Only network..

jauhari said:
There are no menu on SBSettings to Switch Of The Edge. The menu is Switch Off 3G and Switch Off Data. Any clue about it? That I mean keep Data On but on 3G Only network..

I think data is for Edge. I'm not sure

How about Disable EDGE and Enable 3G only?
turn on 3G and that's it. Why would you want to disable EDGE and use only 3G when 3G is already higher than EDGE? You can go to floor 10th if you don't go through lower floors, the principe is almost the same here at the exception that the opposite might be feasible, you might be able to stop 3G and use EDGE only just like you can avoid going to floor 10th and restrict yourself to stay at the second floor.

It's because if we ENABLE 3G and EDGE in the some times. In same area 3G data very weak so our iPhone 4 keep searching network and this is didn’t good for battery live. So I prefer only 3G and if there are no 3G it's better OFF

It's because if we ENABLE 3G and EDGE in the some times. In same area 3G data very weak so our iPhone 4 keep searching network and this is didn’t good for battery live. So I prefer only 3G and if there are no 3G it's better OFF
If there is no 3G signal in your area, you will notice that the 3G icon in the phone status bar will go away and leave place to a blue little circle, or nothing there. Once you see that the 3G icon in the status bar is away, then it mean you are not having coverage, you can then avoid using internet till you either have 3G coverage again or find a wifi spot. It's that simple.