What's new

How to clear voicemail notifications?

kmtech

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have never had this problem before. Normally I get a missed call notification and also a voicemail notification. Once I call voicemail and listen to the message the notifications go away.

I had a missed call on Friday and since then I have 2 notifications showing on the phone icon and also on the voicemail icon. I’ve listened to voicemail and there are no messages but these two icons won’t go away. Is there a way of clearing this? I’ve tried turning off and on.

Does force closing the phone app do anything?

Hi how can I do this?

I’ve found that if I go into notifications and turn off badge in the phone app it goes. But I don’t want to change any settings which were ok previously.

Hi how can I do this?

I’ve found that if I go into notifications and turn off badge in the phone app it goes. But I don’t want to change any settings which were ok previously.
Double click on the home button to bring up the app switcher, then swipe up on the phone app to delete it from the app switcher. Click the home button again to exit the app switcher and see if the notification bubble still shows on the phone app icon.

Go to the missed numbers and delete them by swiping them to the left. If you need to remember the numbers, save them then delete them from the call log by swiping them to the left and then hit delete. This will clear the icon for sure. Before you do any of this above, try going to just the missed call log page and see if the icons disappear then. If not, then perform the above I’ve mentioned.

Go to the missed numbers and delete them by swiping them to the left. If you need to remember the numbers, save them then delete them from the call log by swiping them to the left and then hit delete. This will clear the icon for sure. Before you do any of this above, try going to just the missed call log page and see if the icons disappear then. If not, then perform the above I’ve mentioned.

Hi - already done. There are no missed calls but there is still a 2 notification on the phone icon.

Have you tried a hard reset of the phone and/or go into settings and under “General”, “Reset”, go to “reset network settings”, and let the phone do its thing. It won’t affect any other setting you have and it won’t erase the phone. This may do it. If it doesn’t, then try a hard reset of the phone by holding volume down button and the power button until the Apple logo appears. This will hard reset the phone. No settings will be lost or changed by doing this. Hope you get it resolved.

Just a suggestion. - it might get things moving. Could you use another phone to call yours and leave a message. Then delete that. At worst, you will have 3 in your badge, but hopefully all three will be gone.