What's new

How do you wipe everything off a jailbroken iphone?

skywave

Reaction score
I would like to clear everything from my iphone and start the jailbreaking and unlocking procedures from scratch because I haven't had luck with my new Gevey Ultra. I guess you can't just use the "clear all data and settings" option in "system"? What is the best way for me to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!
Oh, I have an iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3, bb 04.10.01 and it's jailbroken

Edit** I would like to remove all apps, music, and pictures(everything), keep 4.3.3 and 04.10.01 and rejailbreak. all so i can reinstall furiousmod and get my gevey ultra to work!! :p

Last edited:
DO NOT USE THE "CLEAR ALL DATA AND SETTINGS" ON A JAILBROKEN PHONE. EVER.

Hopefully you haven't. Everything I have ever read on that subject says not to do it because it creates more issues than it solves. Hopefully someone with more first hand knowledge can chime in on what you should do instead.

As per Skull One's good advice, you should never use the "Reset" options built into IOS on a jailbroken device. They simply do not work properly once jailbroken, as Apple didn't expect your device to be jailbroken when they programmed them!

First of all, if you want to restore your device to 4.3.3, you must confirm that you have 4.3.3 blobs available. You won't get anywhere without them, and should not follow this process unless they are showing in Cydia (in green at the top of the Cydia home page), or you know you have them saved locally on your PC via Tiny Umbrella.

My preferred method is to use redsn0w to restore. The steps are as follows...

1. Download the 4.3.3 firmware for your phone to your PC from our thread here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

2. Download the latest official redsn0w from the bottom of this post - Dev-Team Blog - Restoration reinvigoration

3. Run redsn0w and choose Extras > Custom IPSW, and choose the 4.3.3 file you downloaded above. redsn0w will create a new NO_BB_ firmware files for you.

4. Choose Extras > SHSH blobs > Stitch > IPSW, and select the newly created NO_BB_ firmware file

5. Choose Remote or Local depending on where you blobs are stored (remote for Cydia). redsn0w will stitch your blobs into a NEW firmware file.

6. Choose Extras > Pwned DFU and follow the instrucitons to put your device into the special pwned DFU mode to allow a custom firmware to be restored.

7. Open iTunes and Shift-Click (Windows) or Option-Click (OSX) the "Restore" button for the device. Select the special custom firmware file created in step 5.

8. Your device should now restore to a clean, fresh 4.3.3 install without touching the baseband, meaning your Gevey should still operate fine.

9. Jailbreak the phone - visit jailbreakme.com in Mobile Safari for the quickest jailbreak.

10. You then need to get the Gevey going, but since I don't use one of those, you are on your own with that bit...

Other methods are available, so feel free to research those if you like ;)

Good luck!

Last edited:
wow thanks a lot for reconfirming all of that info for me. I'm at the stitching process right now!

Last edited:
did that... got a 1600 error... used iREB to sort that out... then got unknown error 14... stuck there right now.. had to kick it out of a recovery loop. not sure what to do now

apple support says it's a USB issue http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error14
trying to troubleshoot that...

Try a different port. If that doesn't work, you'll have to re-install the driver for the iPhone. For installing custom firmware, try using TinyUmbrella and connecting to the TSS servers before using iTunes.

Thanks for that info. I eventually got it working by just trying over and over again. I hate when that solves the problem rather than some logical step. lol But thanks again, I was going to try the TU TTS Server thing. Now to get my Gevey Ultra working... any tips on that? I've had no luck doing it manually or with Furious Mod... and that's the whole reason why I did this wipe! LOL UGH!