What's new

How do you Upload HD video to youtube?

GameOvR

Reaction score
as the title says.
i uploaded a video last night directly from my iphone4. I was suprised to see that it looks crappy in youtube. Maybe because it compressed the video. Is there a way to upload videos w/o compressing them?

The video was only less than 3mins & contains video, music and pictures.

I had this same problem and finally just uploaded it from the pc. I'm guessing it would take forever full size but you should have the option when your on wifi. I need to look into this a bit more.

I had this same problem and finally just uploaded it from the pc. I'm guessing it would take forever full size but you should have the option when your on wifi. I need to look into this a bit more.

there was no option given. once i hit 'upload to youtube', it asked me for my youtube account then it started compressing and uploading.

Grab pixelpipe Its free in AppStore. Then create a account then login to pixelpipe with newly created account. Then go to add destination then scroll down for YouTube then enter your username and password then it
takes you to YouTube to authorize use of pixelpipe with YouTube. Then under media check which video you want to upload once uploads it automatically send to YouTube in HD.

Grab pixelpipe Its free in AppStore. Then create a account then login to pixelpipe with newly created account. Then go to add destination then scroll down for YouTube then enter your username and password then it
takes you to YouTube to authorize use of pixelpipe with YouTube. Then under media check which video you want to upload once uploads it automatically send to YouTube in HD.

what he said!

only other way is to upload via pc

PixelPipe is the only way right now. And it works flawless! Just make sure you setup your PixelPipe on your computer before you start uploading with your iPhone.

o-ow. i didnt set it up on my mac. i started uploading frm my iphone4.
what will happen now?

i have pixel pipe right now and its taking forever to upload the video, happen to any of you guys?

ok, and i cant close it cause it keeps starting over, how do i put it on the computer?

You should be able to just plug it in and sync. The movie should show up in your movies folder.

this pixelpipe is not working for me, its telling me its gonna take 600 minutes to finish the upload id ont know maybe im doing something wrong but this is hard work just to get a full screen hd video.

what he said!

only other way is to upload via pc

I'm beating a dead horse, but Pixelpipe is great at this. Definitely install it. The upload is pretty good esp. if your clips are about 3-4 minutes.

Ichris, HD video files are BIG. Bigger files takes longer to upload. Kinda makes sense!!
So many ppl asking the same question over and over and over. Just search!!